Will it fit?

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys,

I am planning buying a G1 Sniper M5 mATX motherboard ,Gtx780ti and Bitfenix prodigyM. Will i be able to fit a second 780ti in the future so that i can decide what PSU to choose?

Thanks in advance:)

Solution
Right, which is why I said choosing that first answer is wrong if someone with the same question stumbles on to this thread. The answer to 'Will it fit?' is yes, with some sacrifices. I just want others to know you can do it, without case mods, even though it may not be ideal.
It should all fit. As far as the motherboard goes yes it will (Just make sure its the TOP PCIe slot and the BOTTOM PCIe slot. The middle one is only 4x not 8x like the bottom one.

As for the case. Don't expect to put in a DVD drive and a second video card. Also after looking at that motherboard and the case that will not work since you have to put the video card in the most bottom PCIe slot for it to get 8x PCIe it won't work because there will be no room. You could put it in the 4x slot but there would be no point in really getting a second video card with that. if you stick to just one video card then everything will be great.

Also second video card would mean that the top fans would have to be removed from looking around at pics.

If you really want Dual Video card you will a motherboard like these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131977

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130737

Those are the next best things I could find in the mATX format for 1150

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Thank you for your reply i think i'll just get a 650w then:)

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

As i confirmed, with this motherboard i 'll be unable to do so beacuse of the middle 4x PCIe slot

Ah well it does seem as if i was looking at the wrong Prodogy box as they look identical except for the fact the one you want has 5 slots as HiTechObsessed had said. But again having the Top fans in there plug a DVD rom drive with Dual Video cards doesn't sound likely just because of how the PCIe slots are placed. Yes with the G1 sniper you get more spaced between the video cards allowing them to stay cool but in that case you have to sacrafice other things to acheive that.

Right, which is why I said choosing that first answer is wrong if someone with the same question stumbles on to this thread. The answer to 'Will it fit?' is yes, with some sacrifices. I just want others to know you can do it, without case mods, even though it may not be ideal.

Solution

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Thank you! It seems you are right though i may change the case and pick aerocool ds cube

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

I think SLI-ing with the ds cube is possible,isn't it?

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

What about maximus vi gene?

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

You're right but i'd like to do a bit of oc too.I hear that ASUS' BIOS has amazing oc capabilities and is better detter designed

Euler98gr

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Anyway,thanks for your reply and all of your advice:)