[SOLVED] Will it work in dual channel?

Feb 18, 2020
I have one stick of 8gb memory on my system, its a geil evo forza ram with 2400mhz and cl16 and 1.2v, i was wondering if buying another stick of 8gb ram will enable them to work in dual channel, the stick of memory i want to buy is a TEAMGROUP T-FORCE 8gb 2400mhz with cl15. i have no other options, the same model of my memory stick is unavaible, and buying online isnt an option.

Solution
I have one stick of 8gb memory on my system, its a geil evo forza ram with 2400mhz and cl16 and 1.2v, i was wondering if buying another stick of 8gb ram will enable them to work in dual channel, the stick of memory i want to buy is a TEAMGROUP T-FORCE 8gb 2400mhz with cl15. i have no other options, the same model of my memory stick is unavaible, and buying online isnt an option.

Honestly, it differs from system to system. Some people mix ram sticks without any issues, while others get crashes.

Your best bet is to just buy a pair of 8gb ram sticks (2 x 8GB). That way, you have no compatibility issues and nothing is mix matched. You can always sell your left over 8gb stick, once you upgrade.

mangaman

Honorable

Honestly, it differs from system to system. Some people mix ram sticks without any issues, while others get crashes.

Your best bet is to just buy a pair of 8gb ram sticks (2 x 8GB). That way, you have no compatibility issues and nothing is mix matched. You can always sell your left over 8gb stick, once you upgrade.

Reactions: AnisMed
Solution