[SOLVED] Will it work?

May 12, 2020
Hello, i have a pcie x16 graphics card slot in my motherboard.Right now i have integrated graphics but i want to upgrade to a gt 1030 soon. Will it work perfectly fine on my motherboard?

Solution
backwards compatibility would ensure that even a first generation PCIe slot would work.
the GT 1030 will not use all 16X in any case, it does not require the bandwidth.
no worries mate
enjoy the card.

iu

this gt 1030 only has half the slot.
half is all this little guy needs.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
backwards compatibility would ensure that even a first generation PCIe slot would work.
the GT 1030 will not use all 16X in any case, it does not require the bandwidth.
no worries mate
enjoy the card.

iu

Solution
May 12, 2020
no worries mate
enjoy the card.

iu

Thanks buddy. I want to upgrade to this card because i saw a guy put the same card in a computer that had similar specs as mine and he got decent fps in games like csgo and csgo is the only game that i play. So i just want to make sure that the card works and i dont waste any money because its really hard for me to save up enough money to buy it

May 12, 2020
no worries mate
enjoy the card.

iu

And are
Thanks buddy. I want to upgrade to this card because i saw a guy put the same card in a computer that had similar specs as mine and he got decent fps in games like csgo and csgo is the only game that i play. So i just want to make sure that the card works and i dont waste any money because its really hard for me to save up enough money to buy it
And are you 100% sure that it works?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
I read what @R_1 said, and his answer makes sense.
backward compatibility would ensure that even a first-generation PCIe slot would work.
no worries mate
enjoy the card.

iu

It should work just fine.