Question Will Kingston FURY Beast DDR 5- 32Gig 5600 work in 4 DIMMS (for 128G) on an MSI PRO Z790?

Apr 30, 2023
Hi guys,
I have an MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI (DDR5) mobo with an Intel i9-3900KF, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gig video card, and am currently running 2 sticks of Kingston FURY Beast 32G DDR5 -5600Mhz 1.25V CL40 (KF556C40BBAK2-64) Ram at 64 Gigs (2X32Gig). I want to ADD 2 more sticks of the same RAM to get 128 Gigs knowing the 5600Mhz may drop down, but am hoping to get around 4800Mhz, and running stable. Has anyone here done this? I couldn't get a direct response from MSI. I did however, update my BIOS to the newest version. I THANK you in advance!

UPDATE: (5/2/23) MSI did a recent BIOS update on March 24th, and yesterday did send me a link to their updated list of now compatible RAM. I did the update, chose XMP Profile 2 as suggested for the voltage of 1.25v, and now have all four DIMMs filled and running fine for 128Gs running fine and stable!

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have an MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI mobo with an Intel i9-3900KF currently running 2 sticks of Kingston FURY Beast 32G -5600Mhz 1.25V CL40 (KF556C40BBAK2-64) Ram at 64 Gigs (2X32Gig). I want to ADD 2 more sticks of the same RAM to get 128 Gigs knowing the 5600Mhz may drop down, but am hoping to get around 4800Mhz, and running stable. Has anyone here done this? I couldn't get a direct response from MSI. I did however, update my BIOS to the newest version. I THANK you in advance!
Ddr5 will not fit period in ddr4 slots

Hi guys,
I have an MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI mobo with an Intel i9-3900KF currently running 2 sticks of Kingston FURY Beast 32G -5600Mhz 1.25V CL40 (KF556C40BBAK2-64) Ram at 64 Gigs (2X32Gig). I want to ADD 2 more sticks of the same RAM to get 128 Gigs knowing the 5600Mhz may drop down, but am hoping to get around 4800Mhz, and running stable. Has anyone here done this? I couldn't get a direct response from MSI. I did however, update my BIOS to the newest version. I THANK you in advance!
If you mean will 4 sticks of ddr5 in ddr5 slots yes this will work but you need a kit of 4 2 kits of 2 may cause more issues then help

Apr 30, 2023
If you mean will 4 sticks of ddr5 in ddr5 slots yes this will work but you need a kit of 4 2 kits of 2 may cause more issues then help
Yes, presently I do have a kit of 2, and plan on getting another kit of 2 of the same exact RAM. I have heard even though, that some BIO's will step down the Mhz speed of the RAM, which I could deal with, provided it isn't too drastic. I'd like to have the 128 total gigs to deal with large Photoshop projects, and video work, which the Nvidia RTX 4090 24G video card should be able to handle. Thanks for the advice!

You can not buy the same exact ram.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.
One may be able to compensate by fiddling with the ram voltage and settings.

I can understand photoshop may be able to use lots of ram.
Take a look now at task manager now while fully loaded.
access the performance monitor and memory tab.
Look at the hard page fault column.
If you see zero, then perhaps more ram is not needed.

If you can return the ram if it does not play nice, then it is worth a try.
Intel is fairly accomodating of disparate ram.

Apr 30, 2023
You can not buy the same exact ram.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.
One may be able to compensate by fiddling with the ram voltage and settings.

I can understand photoshop may be able to use lots of ram.
Take a look now at task manager now while fully loaded.
access the performance monitor and memory tab.
Look at the hard page fault column.
If you see zero, then perhaps more ram is not needed.

If you can return the ram if it does not play nice, then it is worth a try.
Intel is fairly accomodating of disparate ram.
With the newest BIOS update MSI issued done before adding the RAM, it worked just fine (at their suggested XMP Profile (2)). Thanks for your answer.

To be certain,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Reactions: white.a.drew