Will making a video game channel on YouTube have copyright issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdnanSazin

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Hi, there. I have recently bought a PlayStation 4 and I want to make a YouTube channel for gaming where I will upload game play videos. I've also heard that it's possible to make money off of making YouTube videos. So, that's a bonus. But , I'm gonna do it for fun mainly. Well, the question is - I've heard many channels got taken off YouTube for Copyright issues. I don't actually know a lot about copyright. But will it be against copyright or will I have any issues if I create a channel where I will upload game plays? Hoping for answer .. TnX in advance ... ;)

Solution
You probably won't face any problem yet, just be aware Copyright is still valid issue here. Today there might be wide spread allowance for such uploads, but one day it might not. I wouldn't be worried that much at the moment, i guess you will be noticed when there is something inappropriate in your uploads.

OriginalCadaver

Reputable
May 24, 2014
It really depends on the game company. Some of them embrace the "let's play" community, while others like Nintendo do everything they can to shut you down. There's a streamer/youtuber called Angry Joe that has a few videos talking about the different game companies and copyright claims against his videos. You should check those out.

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Yep, the topic is quite tricky, as said above it really depends of the Copyright owner. For some it might look as a nice advertising for some not.
I've found also this page... maybe it will clear things a bit more, but still the best source should be the YT itself.... but unfortunately not much there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/12/11/youtube-unleashes-strange-storm-of-copyright-claims-on-video-game-content-producers/

AdnanSazin

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
There are a lot of Youtube gamers. Most popular = Pewdiepie. So, do they have to pay any money to companies in order to upload those vids? BTW. I am mostly going to upload Assassin's Creed , Witcher, FIFA , Last Of Us, NFS etc. .... Will I face any problem ?!

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
You probably won't face any problem yet, just be aware Copyright is still valid issue here. Today there might be wide spread allowance for such uploads, but one day it might not. I wouldn't be worried that much at the moment, i guess you will be noticed when there is something inappropriate in your uploads.

Solution

h8dkngrg8

Reputable
BANNED
Jun 22, 2015
Download Unity player

Go to gamejolt.com

Download indie games and review them, people there are begging for recognition, who knows which one gets greenlit and becomes the next big hot shit and suddenly people are swarming for "MNOP gameplay/review" on youtube, and guess who they find then with a funny review showcasing the best of the game?

???

Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.