[SOLVED] Will my 12v RGB header supply 7 RGB fans at once?

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello everyone on Tomshardware!

So I know this is related to motherboards but just to say I have a liquid cooler that has RGB fans which under CMs website their LED's uses (LED 0.2A). So I have 2 sickleflow RGB fans and with the water block having a RGB CM logo.

So right now I have 3 RGB connectors to one JRGB header on my motherboard which I do know it's 12v, although I wanted to match up all my fans so all RGB since right now I have 4 white fans and a blue one and it doesn't match, at that time I didn't really care as long as it was quiet and performed well.

so right now I'm planning on getting 4 more Cooler masters sickleflow 120m RGB v2 fans and a 6 splitter RGB cable while the one I have right now will be daisy chained within the 6 splitter RGB cable.

Do you guys think that one JRGB header will supply 7 rgb fans that uses (LED 0.2A), which I tried calculating but I'm bad with math so maybe you guys could try helping me if that's possible.

I wouldn't have to ask for help if my motherboard had 2 RGB headers but mines only has one, I even tried looking through my motherboards manual and it states it only has one while at 12v.

Thank you for reading and have a good day/night!

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Check your manual for the amps spec of the port you ae connecting to. Typically for MSI its 3a so would be ok for you to use.

Well thank you for the reply. I did the calculations again and maybe it's correct I'm not sure.

So under the manual of my motherboard it states that the JRGB header is 3.0amps or 12v. So with that I have 6 fans that are RGB and the 7th being the water block having a Cooler Masters RGB logo. Under Cm's web it states that the fans LED's uses 0.2amps multiplied that by 7 and I got 1.4, so basically 1.4 amps. Although CM didn't state how much amps the RGB logo LED uses on the water block so I'm going to assume it uses the same amount as the LED's in the fans.

is this correct?

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Most of people will tell you don't overload the motherboard's fan header and stay under 1A.
Lol I remember back when I had a mobo with only 2 sys fan headers and I had to like get a 4 fan splitter not knowing how much the header can provide or how much amps the fans used.

Still filled in all 4 ports and it worked and I do remember them being white LED ones.