[SOLVED] Will my build put out 144hz?

Solution
i mainly play call of duty/warzone as of right now.
That's important too. Years ago when I built my i7-3770K and gtx970, I could get 300fps in CSGO Office. Because that's what I played then almost exclusively. 6 months later it was a cpu heavy strategy game, 60fps.

I'd not set expectations of any guarantees to get any fps. Just picking the most expensive components can be either over-kill, just right or even still not enough.

Ampere is about to drop. For many games a cheaper 3700x and and a rtx3070 is going to be more than enough by a good long way.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 2x fps.
The amount of frames a cpu can pre-render.
The amount of frames the gpu can finish and put onscreen.

This is important to distinguish as it's not hard for your cpu to output well over 300fps in some games, but under 100 in others, entirely game depending. After that it's on the gpu and resolution/details as to whether it can finish all frames sent by the cpu, or just some.

Reactions: Codee22

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
i mainly play call of duty/warzone as of right now.
That's important too. Years ago when I built my i7-3770K and gtx970, I could get 300fps in CSGO Office. Because that's what I played then almost exclusively. 6 months later it was a cpu heavy strategy game, 60fps.

I'd not set expectations of any guarantees to get any fps. Just picking the most expensive components can be either over-kill, just right or even still not enough.

Ampere is about to drop. For many games a cheaper 3700x and and a rtx3070 is going to be more than enough by a good long way.

Solution