Will my case fans work the way I want them to

k.norberg97

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Hi all,

I have a Gigabyte A-970A-UD3P rev. 1 and manual states all the fan headers use pin 3 for "sense" which I am assuming is temperature sensing to control the fan speed. This should mean that the mobo will raise and lower the fan's RPMs depending on system temps. The fans I am getting are
the Arctic F14 Silent fans, possibly 4-6 of them. Now, I am wanting to get a PWM fan hub to link all my fans together and then plug the hub into one of the fan headers. I am looking at getting this fan hub. I want the system to control all the fans based on the load and have the RPMs of the fans be in sync. Will this work the way I intended?

Thanks all!

I think sense means that the third pin is able to sense the rpm of the fan.
Other sensors in the motherboard will be able to control the 3 pin fan via voltage adjustment.

I don't think I would spend anything on a FX system that can not be carried forward to a new build.

k.norberg97

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

What do you mean it can't be carried forward to a new build? These are just fans and a hub. I guess I'm confused by what you mean. I'm looking at getting the Define R5 w/out the window with these fans.