Will my GPU bottleneck?

Adsthebest

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Hello,
I just bought a Msi gtx 1050 2 gb OC edition , so my question , will it bottleneck?
Here are my specs-
Cpu - Core I3-4130
Motherboard - Asus h81m-cs
Ram - 8 gb ddr3 (1600 MHz)
PSU - 500 Watt
Hdd - 1 tb
Gpu- Msi gtx 1050 2 gb OC edition
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Any signs of bottleneck?
How good for 1080p gaming ?

Solution
For 1080p the 1050 is an entry level card. It will do esports and other less demanding games very well. With more demanding games you will have to lower the settings, since it only has 2gb vram. Your CPU is suited to similar games, since it's a dual core w/hyperthreading. So on the games those components can handle, there will be no major bottleneck. On the games the 1050 struggles with, so will your CPU.

Peter_131

Honorable
May 15, 2016
The normal scenario is when the GPU bottlenecks the CPU that is "how it should be". In your case, there won't be any bottleneck, however the GTX 1050 is in fact not a great gaming card.

For 1080p the 1050 is an entry level card. It will do esports and other less demanding games very well. With more demanding games you will have to lower the settings, since it only has 2gb vram. Your CPU is suited to similar games, since it's a dual core w/hyperthreading. So on the games those components can handle, there will be no major bottleneck. On the games the 1050 struggles with, so will your CPU.

Solution

RoomerJ

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
The Gtx 1050 will run every game out there at decent settings at 1080p. You aren't going to experience a bottleneck on your Gpu with a 1050. Don't let the "trolls" fool you. I have much lower Gpus running GtaV, Metro Redux, Witcher 3 and so on at average 60fps with high to medium settings at 1080p. It's usually a good sign that the person has zero clue what they're talking about when they just say "upgrade your gpu" as a answer, especially if you are talking about using a 1050. It's just ignorance on their part. You'll have no issues with this setup. Hell when this card came out everyone was doing "ultra" settings videos and now expect it not to run 1080p at 60fps Lmao. "E-sports". Good lord people have no clue.

The CPU will bottleneck the GPU...