[SOLVED] Will my H115i fit in my 4000D Airflow case

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
So i recently ordered the H115i and i am wondering if it will fit on the top of my 4000D Airflow case.

More info: I use a B550m-DS3H motherboard from gigabyte and for ram i use is Corsair Vengeance RS.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1/5 egg
Related Product Series: 4000X RGB
Cons: "This case is advertised to fit a 280mm radiator on top. I bought a Corsair H115i Elite Capellix for this build and was disappointed to find there wasn't room to mount it on the top of the case. The RAM modules are blocking the fans from being installed."
Manufacturer Response:
Hi Chris, Where did you purchase your case from? Newegg isn't indicating you're a verified owner of this case. Our 4000 Series cases are capable of supporting a top-mounted 280mm radiator when paired with low-profile memory modules (240mm does not require low-profile memory). A front-mounted ELITE CAPELLIX AIO would actually bring more visibility to the RGB fans vs. being mounted on top - especially with the glass front panel.

4/5 egg
Related Product Series: 4000X RGB
Cons: -Will not fit a 280mm radiator.
-Tight fit for large PSUs with the HDD cage installed.
-High Mobo placement.

Overall Review: Its a great case but I run a Corsair H115i 280mm radiator system. That 280mm system will not fit on the top position because the placement of the motherboard is close to the top and the fans hit my chipset heat sink and my RAM. However, It will fit in the front position but the two 140mm fans do not line up with the fan spaces in the front and you cant run three 140mm fans in the front anyways. You will ruin the signature 3 fan front look that you are most likely buying this case for if you try to fit the 280mm radiator in the front.
Fail on Corsair's part to not mention low profile ram for use with 140mm class radiators on their own product page.
Vengeance RS is 45mm tall - that's not low profile.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
i want to return it though, and if i open it i wont be able to return it. so i think ill wait till it gets here and then go and return it.

thank you for the advice and information.