Will my laptop boot after cloning it?

danbest

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello everyone, my laptop is kinda old and I decided replacing it with a SSD would bring it back to life in a way. Problem is my laptop is filled with very expensive truck modification programs. All of them work perfectly and I would like to keep it that way. My current HDD is 290gb (only 90gbs used) and my new SSD is 230gb approximately. I just used EaseUs todo backup to clone the disk. If i replace the HDD and make sure the boot sequence is correct, will my laptop boot as if nothing happened or will I run into trouble?

Solution
If the cloning software did it's job, it will boot fine. Sometimes, with some cloning softwares, you need to boot off your OS DVD/USB to fix the boot process, which doesn't reinstall anything it just fixes the MBR.
If you have an issue you could always just put the old hard drive back and try again - there's little risk to what you are doing as long as you know how to work with the hardware.
If the cloning software did it's job, it will boot fine. Sometimes, with some cloning softwares, you need to boot off your OS DVD/USB to fix the boot process, which doesn't reinstall anything it just fixes the MBR.
If you have an issue you could always just put the old hard drive back and try again - there's little risk to what you are doing as long as you know how to work with the hardware.

Solution