Question Will my motherboard g41t m12 support gpu with pcie 2.0?

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Okay thanks but people said chipset g41 not support pcie 2.0 but other people said yes I look at website there is motherboard g41t m16 with g41 chipset and x16 2.0 slot pcie i confused

There's limited information available on that motherboard, however it has one PCI Express x16 expansion slot. Whether that's PCI Express version 1, 2, or even 3 is unknown to me. However the golden rule still applies. PCI Express is backwards compatible. If the motherboard is PCI Express 1.0, the card will not be running at its fullest potential as the 1.0 bandwidth will be getting maxed out by the 2.0 video card.

Just do keep in mind how limited the GTX 460 is in the modern world. Try to purchase the 1GB version if at all possible. Nvidia also semi recently dropped support for the GTX 400 series all together. So no more driver updates, game optimizations, etc.

Jan 5, 2022
There's limited information available on that motherboard, however it has one PCI Express x16 expansion slot. Whether that's PCI Express version 1, 2, or even 3 is unknown to me. However the golden rule still applies. PCI Express is backwards compatible. If the motherboard is PCI Express 1.0, the card will not be running at its fullest potential as the 1.0 bandwidth will be getting maxed out by the 2.0 video card.

Just do keep in mind how limited the GTX 460 is in the modern world. Try to purchase the 1GB version if at all possible. Nvidia also semi recently dropped support for the GTX 400 series all together. So no more driver updates, game optimizations, etc.
[/QUOTE

Jan 5, 2022

But

Maybe can but can bios detect the gtx 460?