Will my new PC be good

Sep 15, 2018
So i want to build a new PC and i was wondering what other people think about it and if it will be any good.
So, i will have a AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3Ghz 8-Core, an ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, a MSI GTX 1050 Gaming X, a INTER-TECH CombatPower CP-750W Plus 750W ATX power supply and Corsair Vengeance LPX8 GB DDR4-2400 RAM.

So, please tell me if its any good?

Solution
*First off, you said NOTHING about the purpose of the build. Light gaming? Just office? Video editing? There are excellent PC's for cheap for office but for PC gaming builds if you have the cash I consider a half decent build something like this:
R5-2600
GTX1060 6GB
2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4
SSD/HDD
W10
etc

1) Ryzen needs fast memory as said. Specifically at minimum two sticks (in Dual Channel) of 2666MHz but preferably closer to 3200MHz. So for example 2x8GB 3200MHz CL15 or CL16

2) pcpartpicker is great for designing a PC

3) For gaming? If so the graphics card is a bit underpowered. It would be better to put money towards a cheaper CPU like the R5-2600 and get at least a GTX1050Ti 4GB

4) 750W is way overkill for these parts even to grow...

What is your budget for this build? Are you purchasing components from EU market?

I would go for a B350 motherboard for a bit more flexibility. It would allow for overclocking, and has more ports for peripherals.

Not familiar with the PSU you've chosen, but a good quality one is recommended to protect the system should things go wrong.

Faster RAM is generally recommended for Ryzen, and it's getting to the point where 8GB is the minimum to consider.

Sep 15, 2018

i dont really care about overclocking and i will consider the motherboard you recommended. and i will upgrade to more ram when ill get a bit more money. i dont have a fixed budget, but im only fifteen so i dont have so much money

*First off, you said NOTHING about the purpose of the build. Light gaming? Just office? Video editing? There are excellent PC's for cheap for office but for PC gaming builds if you have the cash I consider a half decent build something like this:
R5-2600
GTX1060 6GB
2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4
SSD/HDD
W10
etc

1) Ryzen needs fast memory as said. Specifically at minimum two sticks (in Dual Channel) of 2666MHz but preferably closer to 3200MHz. So for example 2x8GB 3200MHz CL15 or CL16

2) pcpartpicker is great for designing a PC

3) For gaming? If so the graphics card is a bit underpowered. It would be better to put money towards a cheaper CPU like the R5-2600 and get at least a GTX1050Ti 4GB

4) 750W is way overkill for these parts even to grow. That CPU with a GTX1080 probably wouldn't use more than 300W when gaming. I'd get a PSU that's reasonably quiet (fan) with closer to 550W... having said that I got a 750W intentionally as it turned the fan off below 50% but with budget builds everything is a balancing act for price vs performance

5) Hard to help without a specific budget. You need to say WHAT it's for and WHAT your budget is. But again if you want a medium/high gaming build the basic specs I listed at top are a good start.

Solution

If you want a cheaper option that can get you start up and running you can do something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($158.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($118.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.01 @ Newegg)
Total: $585.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-18 14:49 EDT-0400

Just pick any budget case you want (preferably a case with a window side panel acrylic/tempered glass) This system doesn't include a dedicated GPU since this is a build based on getting started asap without the high cost of GPUs.

Getting the newer 2nd gen Ryzen chips would be more ideal and this one specifically already comes with an integrated graphics that can run most games and even on high settings for some. The iGPU Vega 11 can run games like GTA V in 1080p etc. When you finally have the budget add on one of those new RTX cards once they release all tier versions and price goes down.

Sep 15, 2018

ok, thank you. yes its for light gaming and i will definetly consider your advice. thanks