[SOLVED] Will my old motherboard support Windows 10?

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
I am currently on Windows 7 64 and want to switch to Windows 10 but i have doubts if my old motherboard drivers run the Windows 10 properly. My motherboard is Intel DH55TC which came out in 2010. There are no Win10 drivers available on the manufacturer's site for this mobo, Even Win8 driver aren't available. Only Win7 and older OS drivers are there to download.
My other specs are:

Core i3-540 3GHz
8GB DDR3
GTX 750 1GB

Please tell me bros...🙏

Solution
For the record, I was using Windows 10 on a similar H55 chip set motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V) that does not officially support Windows 10. It's worked perfectly for me and continues to do so for my mother.

I would recommend making the switch to Windows 10.

-Wolf sends

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
It will probably run it but I suggest you staying on Windows 7 because you will have much degraded performance on games because Windows 10 has some very unnecessary features which can fail you up.

jitendrad

Notable
Dec 28, 2018
We can get the various drivers for Windows 10 available in clutters in various places of the download center, it will be difficult to find them while searching for contents related to your board.

The drivers that your board supports are there at the Windows update site and will be automatically installed while doing Windows 10 upgrade/installation process. Those are generic drivers and you will definitely see some performance degradation(incase you are using on-board graphics). You cannot escape the situation if you still want to continue with windows 10 with this board.

This answer is not exactly a fix so i apologize for it. The main reason is that your board is almost 10 years old and many chipset generation out of date. So, having compatibility issue is a very common thing while using WINDOWS 10 or any latest windows on this board.

Rajveer7827

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2015
It will probably run it but I suggest you staying on Windows 7 because you will have much degraded performance on games because Windows 10 has some very unnecessary features which can fail you up.
We can get the various drivers for Windows 10 available in clutters in various places of the download center, it will be difficult to find them while searching for contents related to your board.

The drivers that your board supports are there at the Windows update site and will be automatically installed while doing Windows 10 upgrade/installation process. Those are generic drivers and you will definitely see some performance degradation(incase you are using on-board graphics). You cannot escape the situation if you still want to continue with windows 10 with this board.

This answer is not exactly a fix so i apologize for it. The main reason is that your board is almost 10 years old and many chipset generation out of date. So, having compatibility issue is a very common thing while using WINDOWS 10 or any latest windows on this board.

So there will also be performance degrades and Win10 won't run smoothly on this mobo?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
In my own experience, I had no problem with a Dell XPS 630i (Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU, Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI motherboard chipset) running Windows 10.

It did web browsing with no problem, and, while I had to use the drivers that Windows 10 provided for it, gamed okay with the Radeon HD 4850 video card that it had.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Final answer and conclusion :

Your motherboard will run Windows 10 but it will decrease the performance A LOT because of the programs which are very unnecessary along with other features.

I suggest you staying on Windows 7

TRENDING THREADS