Question Will my parts fit the case?

Jul 23, 2019
I want to be sure my parts will fit into my case before ordering anything (first build) but i'm a bit stupid
Technically (using the dimensions amazon provides) there should be more than enough space, but that was calculated by seeing how much cube centimeters would fit in and seeing how much the parts would be in cube centimeters, but i don't know if the parts would actually fit in, for example i think there's not enough space for the motherboard, power supplie and video card since (i think, i'm still not good at all at this stuff) the case wouldn't be high enough, can someone help me? Here's the link to the build https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/qVxxyX

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Your concerns are unfounded, in fact that case is very oversized for what you are putting in it.

Do you plan on three optical drives (5 1/4")and up to ten other 3.5" and 2.5" drives?

That case is designed for even larger motherboards then you have selected.

You actually have to start worrying about tube length and fan wire length in chassis this large.

You could easily go with the 450D if you like the look of the Corsair: https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/9JvRsY/corsair-case-cc9011049ww

Still a bit large, and there are cheaper cases that will get the job done, such as:
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product...mpered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300ptgbk

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product...th-window-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-c-bk-w

Jul 23, 2019
Your concerns are unfounded, in fact that case is very oversized for what you are putting in it.

Do you plan on three optical drives (5 1/4")and up to ten other 3.5" and 2.5" drives?

That case is designed for even larger motherboards then you have selected.

You actually have to start worrying about tube length and fan wire length in chassis this large.

You could easily go with the 450D if you like the look of the Corsair: https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/9JvRsY/corsair-case-cc9011049ww

Still a bit large, and there are cheaper cases that will get the job done, such as:
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product...mpered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300ptgbk

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product...th-window-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-c-bk-w
Yeah my brother decided all the parts and the case, i'll be talking to him about this, thank you for the help. And as far as aesthetics go i prefer stuff without leds or anything like that, but i don't really care as long as the performance are good

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I figured. I also prefer a more functional mechanical look, though my current board does have RGB.

I highly recommend the Phanteks Enthoo line if you want maximum flexibility for air or water cooling at a relatively cheap price.

Or you could do the opposite, if you don't plan on a lot of expansion, you could go for a Mini ITX or Micro ATX board and get a much smaller chassis. Still plenty that support a 240mm radiator.

Jul 23, 2019
I figured. I also prefer a more functional mechanical look, though my current board does have RGB.

I highly recommend the Phanteks Enthoo line if you want maximum flexibility for air or water cooling at a relatively cheap price.

Or you could do the opposite, if you don't plan on a lot of expansion, you could go for a Mini ITX or Micro ATX board and get a much smaller chassis. Still plenty that support a 240mm radiator.
I'm assuming that's be a downgrade to the motherboard board, is that correct?
Also, the 2 cheap cases seem a good choice, do they have 3.0 USB ports? And if so, how many?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Or an upgrade depending on how you look at it. High end ITX boards usually cost more than their ATX counterparts. A much more dense form factor usually needing a few more board layers to pull it off. Very high end components to make all of that work. Usually include WiFi as well.

Micro ATX boards are the most popular size for OEM PCs, so they are often not of the greatest quality, by design. But there are a few that are made for gamers. A way to get SLI or Crossfire in a smaller package.

As for USB ports all three mid-tower cases have two front USB 2.0 ports. If you want more, there are some cases that will offer an additional two USB 2.0 ports pretty commonly. Some very late model cases have USB 3.0/3.1 and USB Type-C on the front.

Jul 23, 2019
Or an upgrade depending on how you look at it. High end ITX boards usually cost more than their ATX counterparts. A much more dense form factor usually needing a few more board layers to pull it off. Very high end components to make all of that work. Usually include WiFi as well.

Micro ATX boards are the most popular size for OEM PCs, so they are often not of the greatest quality, by design. But there are a few that are made for gamers. A way to get SLI or Crossfire in a smaller package.

As for USB ports all three mid-tower cases have two front USB 2.0 ports. If you want more, there are some cases that will offer an additional two USB 2.0 ports pretty commonly. Some very late model cases have USB 3.0/3.1 and USB Type-C on the front.
Just one last thing: i'm almost ready to order everything, but for maximum security i want to be sure; I'll be getting the 450d case you suggested if everything's right, and by everything i mean if these parts will fit/work/be compatibile with it, sorry if i'm bothering you too much, but does that case work with these parts?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't have suggested them if they wouldn't work.

If you want my thought process:
1) 240mm all-in-one radiator. These are mostly standardized and case manufacturers list what radiators they support. This is easily checked, though partpicker has a fairly good compatibility system.

2) Graphics card length. Not really a concern with a mid-tower, but some GPUs can get quite long and can go past the end of the motherboard. Sometimes special consideration is needed. Again, case manufacturers list maximum GPU length and is easily checked.

3) Motherboard size, really the most important factor, but this has been standardized for decades.
EATX (Extended), Support for EATX, ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ITX (This is basically wider than ATX)
ATX, Support for ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ITX
Micro ATX, Support for Micro ATX, and Mini ITX
Mini ITX

There are a few other standards, SSI EEB being the most next common, this is a server standard and is a bit larger than EATX. There are some odd inbetween sizes like OEM boards making Micro ATX with only two slots.

Jul 23, 2019
I wouldn't have suggested them if they wouldn't work.

If you want my thought process:
1) 240mm all-in-one radiator. These are mostly standardized and case manufacturers list what radiators they support. This is easily checked, though partpicker has a fairly good compatibility system.

2) Graphics card length. Not really a concern with a mid-tower, but some GPUs can get quite long and can go past the end of the motherboard. Sometimes special consideration is needed. Again, case manufacturers list maximum GPU length and is easily checked.

3) Motherboard size, really the most important factor, but this has been standardized for decades.
EATX (Extended), Support for EATX, ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ITX (This is basically wider than ATX)
ATX, Support for ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ITX
Micro ATX, Support for Micro ATX, and Mini ITX
Mini ITX

There are a few other standards, SSI EEB being the most next common, this is a server standard and is a bit larger than EATX. There are some odd inbetween sizes like OEM boards making Micro ATX with only two slots.
I checked all the three factors you talked about but decided to ask an expert (like you, seeing your profile), thanks for the help in choosing a case.