[SOLVED] Will my power supply power my pc

Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone i have a antec bp500u 500W power supply i was wonderinga if it had all the needed pins to power my a320m motherboard, my r7 260x v2 gpu and my ryzen 3 1200 cpu. If you could answer me i would be grateful!

Solution
Im sorry i didnt tell u the exact name of the motherboard which is asus PRIME A320M-K which has a 24pin, not a 8
Every motherboard now will have the 24 ATX pin - I was referring to CPU pin.

Fortunately the Prime version only has the 4 CPU pin - however the point remains that the last thing you'd want to do is upgrade parts for the poor quality PSU to take them out later.
I mean the PSU even has basic in the name. It isn't meant for gaming uses with a GPU like a 260x.
It does have a 6 pin for your gpu, but i wouldnt trust that psu with that system as it could fail and kill a gpu.

You will need to upgrade it. What is your budget and country?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've assumed your motherboard is something like the AS Rock A320M (manufacturer is important). Which has an 8pin CPU connector.

The Antec BP only has a 4 pin CPU connector.
Now whilst technically this could work (although you absolutely shouldn't), the important thing to note is that the Antec BP series are very poor quality, so you will undoubtedly want to upgrade anyway

It has the PCIe connector, but that's irrelevant at that point.

Jul 13, 2019
I mean the PSU even has basic in the name. It isn't meant for gaming uses with a GPU like a 260x.
It does have a 6 pin for your gpu, but i wouldnt trust that psu with that system as it could fail and kill a gpu.

You will need to upgrade it. What is your budget and country?
So what you are telling me is it will run ok?
Im 16 and this is my first budget pc build and i come from a country that has 250€ avg salary, i only want it to run and play older games like csgo but i will upgrade once i get more money

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So what you are telling me is it will run ok?
Im 16 and this is my first budget pc build and i come from a country that has 250€ avg salary, i only want it to run and play older games like csgo but i will upgrade once i get more money
No it won't. At least not safely.

It has a 6pin for your GPU, but doesn't have the 8 pin for your motherboard. Which means that it isn't really safe to use. That and the BP series are very poor quality, and unfortunately, I understand you are on a budget, but you should wait, and save up to afford a much better quality unit like a Corsair CX model.

I understand you are on a budget, but budget PSUs are poor quality:
Cheap PSU = Cheap Components = Big Risk.

And these PSUs can quite literally, blow, and damage all of your other components. The last thing you should scrimp on in a PC is a PSU, because whatever money you save on it, will cost you more when it blows and takes out everything else, and the last thing we want you to do is spend money on new components, for your PSU to damage them.

If you can't afford a decent quality PSU now, wait until you can. The Corsair CX are usually the most budget friendly PSU worth considering.

NO, it won't power that system safely.
That PSU is of very low quality and may fail and cause damage to other components in your system.

In reality, if the cheap psu fails, you will end up spending more replacing dead components than you would have just getting a better PSU to begin with.

Id reccomend an upgrade:
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Power Supply | SeaSonic - S12II 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | €54.90 @ Caseking
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | €54.90
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-13 21:35 CEST+0200 |

Jul 13, 2019
No it won't. At least not safely.

It has a 6pin for your GPU, but doesn't have the 8 pin for your motherboard. Which means that it isn't really safe to use. That and the BP series are very poor quality, and unfortunately, I understand you are on a budget, but you should wait, and save up to afford a much better quality unit like a Corsair CX model.

I understand you are on a budget, but budget PSUs are poor quality:
Cheap PSU = Cheap Components = Big Risk.

And these PSUs can quite literally, blow, and damage all of your other components. The last thing you should scrimp on in a PC is a PSU, because whatever money you save on it, will cost you more when it blows and takes out everything else, and the last thing we want you to do is spend money on new components, for your PSU to damage them.

If you can't afford a decent quality PSU now, wait until you can. The Corsair CX are usually the most budget friendly PSU worth considering.
Im sorry i didnt tell u the exact name of the motherboard which is asus PRIME A320M-K which has a 24pin, not a 8

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Every motherboard now will have the 24 ATX pin - I was referring to CPU pin.

Fortunately the Prime version only has the 4 CPU pin - however the point remains that the last thing you'd want to do is upgrade parts for the poor quality PSU to take them out later.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Solution