Will my psu handle the Gtx 1050 Ti

todforce

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
Hello my psu has been up and running for 4 years its a handy psu 450W and so far it ran a Gt 630 for 2 years and a Gtx 750 Ti OC Windforce for 2 years as well never had a problem with it as its a high quality psu but im wondering if it can run a Gtx 1050 Ti Oc I had just ordered on the psu calculators it says it can because my psu need will be 290Wats.
My specs atm:
i5 3350p
8Gb DDR3 ram
1 Tb 7.2 RPM drive
SSD 335 series.
Mini Itx Mobo
Gtx 750 Ti Oc Windforce.

Heres a pic of my psu http://

Solution
System Power Supply Requirements for a single NVIDIA Reference Design GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 300 Watt or greater system power supply. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)
the system power supply must also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater. Some of the non-reference design cards will require more. You have a 69 Watt TDP processor so you can reduce this by 5 Amps.
the system power supply should also have at least one 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power...

todforce

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015

It is but I still belive with the extremly low wattage requirement and hence my psu never failing should be taken to note that everything will be fine!

System Power Supply Requirements for a single NVIDIA Reference Design GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 300 Watt or greater system power supply. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)
the system power supply must also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 20 Amps or greater. Some of the non-reference design cards will require more. You have a 69 Watt TDP processor so you can reduce this by 5 Amps.
the system power supply should also have at least one 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector for those non-reference design cards that require it.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

HEDY EU PP500FCA
maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating: 22 Amps <===== Sufficient
one 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector <===== Sufficient

You didn't specify the exact brand and model of GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card so I can't give you a more precise answer.

Solution

todforce

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015

The gpu I picked was a GTX 1050 Ti OC Gygabite Windforce edition. Nonetheless everything works great had the gpu for 4 days now no problems at all 100% usage in all games no shutdown and its very cool. Temperatures on cpu used to be 65 but because this gpu puurs like a kitten they are now 55 degrees JUST FROM THE GPU FANS!!! Great help buddy Hedy psu is great :) so far 4 years and still puuuring!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Rahulmark gave you absolutely dreadful advice. Your junk PSU survived so long since you weren't pushing it very hard. Your belief that everything will be fine isn't actually based on anything relevant.

todforce

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015

I'm not pushing it hard now either way.

The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G draws less than 75 Watts.

Any PSU that a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 16 Amps or greater and has a 75-Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector should definitely work with your system configuration.