Will My Ram Pair Up?

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
hi,

in my pc i have a 1x 8GB stick of Corsair Low Profile ram CML16X3M2A1600C10
im look to pair it with another 8GB stick of the same brand. i have found a stick which is almost exactly the same but the part number is different. the part number is CML8GX3M1A1600C10.
Will they pair? or do i have to sell the ram i have currently

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Might or might not, there's always a chance that mixing DRAM will be problematic, and often is. If it would be a local purchase that could be returned, it's worth a shot. If there is any problem can give me a shout and we can try a voltage or timings change to get them to play - don't think I'd try if facing shipping charges and or restocking fees

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

its on amazon, i also have two lower mhz ram brining the 8gb stick down to 1333mhz insted of the 1600mhz it says on it, could that be causing problems?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
It's a crapshoot, you can buy two identical sets of DRAM and there is no guarantee they will play nice together. The forums are full of people mixing sticks and sets and having problems...that said they can often be helped to play nice with voltage/timings adjustments, but again - no guarantees. I've had good luck helping folks as DRAM is sort of a specialty of mine, but always best if you can do it is get a single package of the amount of DRAM you want/need

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

i think i will be replacing the other lower frequency ram at around Christmas time with another lot of the 16gb (2x8) ram, so it will all be the same model, same speed