[SOLVED] Will my system also bottleneck?

Oct 7, 2019
I'll be buying a 2080 and i currently have i7-7700 and 16gb of ram (dual channel)

i have an 1440p monitor and currently running gtx1080 which i don't feel is good enough (insurgency sandstorm dies, bfv dies, the new CODMW died sometimes in the beta, ghost recon wild and breakpoint dies and so on) ps. with dying i mean i do have to lower the setting significantly to be abler to run them at 60 or something fps but it just begins to look bad.

Solution
The CPU will bottleneck the GPU by about 10%, so not much or even unnoticable. Maybe apply some mild autooverclocking to CPU.

Do bare in mind that NVidia is set to release a new GPU first half of next year, so prices for 2080 are likely to drop. That is if you can wait and want to save a buck, or go all in and buy the new card.
The CPU will bottleneck the GPU by about 10%, so not much or even unnoticable. Maybe apply some mild autooverclocking to CPU.

Do bare in mind that NVidia is set to release a new GPU first half of next year, so prices for 2080 are likely to drop. That is if you can wait and want to save a buck, or go all in and buy the new card.

Solution

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
I'll be buying a 2080 and i currently have i7-7700 and 16gb of ram (dual channel)

i have an 1440p monitor and currently running gtx1080 which i don't feel is good enough (insurgency sandstorm dies, bfv dies, the new CODMW died sometimes in the beta, ghost recon wild and breakpoint dies and so on) ps. with dying i mean i do have to lower the setting significantly to be abler to run them at 60 or something fps but it just begins to look bad.
Something is wrong if you cant run bf5 at ultra 1440p at 60fps with a 1080.