Will not boot unless I enter BIOS settings & manually select boot device

Gtrsrlly

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hello, this is my first post and i'm hoping for some help with a boot issue i have.
I've been having this issue ever since i got back up to college.

If i don't enter the bios and select the drive i want to boot, my computer will show the windows logo with the spinning wheel, then the screen just goes black and my monitor shows signal lost.

The only thing I've done recently was put in a new graphics card.

Now here is were it gets weird, i have two hdds, a 256gb crucial ssd (THE one i want to boot), and a 1tb western digital drive, in order to get my computer to boot i have to select the 1tb WD drive, then it will work booting windows from the crucial SSD.

I've tried messing around with the boot order in the bios, but the only way i can get my computer to boot is to select the wrong drive.
Please help!!!!!!

PC Specs
Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHZ
8Gb DDR 3 ram
1TB WD green hard drive
256GB Crucial SSD
Asus p8z77-v Pro motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4gb

Solution
Did you clone the SSD from the old HDD originally? Or did you clean install Win to the SSD but not unplug the HDD? It sounds like the boot sector is on the HDD instead of being on the SSD.
clutchc is probably correct in diagnosing the problem you've encountered. But to verify, provide a screenshot of Disk Management, ensuring that the screenshot includes the schematic for all your installed drives including the upper portion of DM so as to reflect the info in the various columns just below the icon menu bar.