So last week i built a pc with the following specs:
Cpu: r5 2600
Mobo: msi b450 tomahawk
Gpu :msi rtx 2060
Ram: g skill trident z 16 b 3200mhz
Psu: corsair cx 550w semimodular
1 128gb ssd
1 1tb hdd.
Now the thing is, when i first booted it nothing would happen. I tried removing one by one all the pieces and still nothing. So i thought it was the mobo. I sent it back , they checked it and told me everything was fine. While trying to find what was wrong i came across a thread that said sometimes fan splitters that end to molex can cause trouble. So instead i hooked all the fans on the mobo and boom. It booted.
Now yesterday while playing a game it just crashed. I could still alt tab and sign out but on the screen would still be the game. So i powered it off. When trying to boot again it just wouldnt. The mobo was 4 leds labelled : cpu, ram, vga and boot.
So now everytime i boot the cpu light goes red for a second, the it switches to the vga light for a while and my monitor power light blinks green. Then the led switches to boot and nothing happens.
I tried my gpu to another computer and it worked normally, i tried another gpu that didn't take any power from the psu only from pcie and my pc booted but the same thing happens with the red mobo leds except from the boot part.
I really have no idea what is going in.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Everything is still working perfectly with the GPU that only draws power from the PCIE slot? From my understanding, those LEDs should only light up if the Mobo fails to detect any of indicated devices.

Have you tried to update the bios?

Download the latest drivers for msi's website >> https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK

RdoEDwX.png