Will opening/re-pasting my ASUS Zephyrus void its warranty?

Zubar

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
I have an Asurion warranty along with Asus factory warranty for my ROG Zeph.
However I'm wanting to re-paste the cpu with kryonaut thermal paste. Will this void it's warranty? Thank you in advance.

most laptops have this information covered in their warranty.
replacing parts, modifying parts, or even opening up the device to view the inside will usually void any warranty.
you should read through both warranties documentation and see if it is explained in detail.

the manufacturer will usually point you toward a certified repair site for any accepted modifications or repairs.

ASUS's warranty terms don't seem to spell out that opening the laptop up will void the warranty. And in fact, a lot of their laptops have easily serviceable parts, so it makes no sense to void the warranty by simply opening it up.

They will however, not honor the warranty if you screw things up.

EDIT: I should probably at least give you the list of things which will cause the warranty to not be honored.
  • The serial number of the ASUS product, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled, removed, or otherwise not valid as identified by ASUS;
  • The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;
  • The product warranty seals have been broken or altered;
  • There is damage caused by natural disaster, intentional or unintentional misuse, abuse, neglect, acts of war, improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions;
  • There is damage caused by accidental drops, spills, fire, or power surges.
  • There is damage from improper installation, improper connection, or use of parts and/or components not manufactured or sold by ASUS;
  • There is damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual or reasonably acceptable for similar product usage models deemed industry standard best practices;
  • There is damage to or loss of any program, data or removable storage media, or if there are costs from recovering any program or data;
  • There is damage from third party software or from virus(es);
  • There is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.
  • Support and costs involved to install or configure the product for any third party software application or hardware device, or network/wireless configuration.
  • Due to technology limitations, some devices (e.g. DVD ROM and software player may not play certain titles if applicable to your product) may be limited or not compatible with the ASUS product. These limitations are common to defined standards within the hardware industry and are not specific to your ASUS product.
  • You have failed to follow all return materials authorization (“RMA”) instructions provided to you by ASUS.

ASUS's warranty terms don't seem to spell out that opening the laptop up will void the warranty. And in fact, a lot of their laptops have easily serviceable parts, so it makes no sense to void the warranty by simply opening it up.

They will however, not honor the warranty if you screw things up.

Exclusions from this Limited Warranty Service
  • The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;