[SOLVED] Will patriot Psd38g13332h work with i3 3240?

Apr 2, 2021
I'm wondering whether my hp pro 3500 series on i3 3240 will work with patriot 8gb ram ddr3 1333mhz. It says that it is compatible with 2nd generation intel (2000) and amd 9 series. My processor is Intel 3rd generation but frankly I see no reason it should not work with it (even though it is slower than supported 1600mzh) what are your expertise?

Solution
Generally ddr3 is pretty compatible and should work. The only reason I think it might not is if the 1333Mhz is an issue and is forced to run at 1600Mhz, which it may not without errors, or if the density of memory chips used is unsupported by the motherboard chipset (h61).

But honestly, this generation of cpus and chipsets were wildly compatible with almost everything so I would go ahead and try it.
Generally ddr3 is pretty compatible and should work. The only reason I think it might not is if the 1333Mhz is an issue and is forced to run at 1600Mhz, which it may not without errors, or if the density of memory chips used is unsupported by the motherboard chipset (h61).

But honestly, this generation of cpus and chipsets were wildly compatible with almost everything so I would go ahead and try it.

Reactions: Freefly1
Solution