will pciexpress 3.0 work with pci 2.3 ?

np_n

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
My motherboard is FUJITSU D2778-C1 and i cant really find clear specifications about it but i think its pci 2.3 .. and i want to buy MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 192bit 3GT OC PCI Express 3.0 .. will it work on my motherboard? and if not what is cheapest motherboard i should buy .. but i prefer not to spend money on new motherboard .. ?

np_n

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

thanks for fast reply... that means i need new motherboard ?.... i dont know much about hardware is there any cheap ''upgrade'' to buy for my motherboard so it can work ... or any other fix i really need faster and better graphic card but i dont have money to buy new motherboard cuz graphic card is already expensive....is buying new motherboard only fix? and i want to use new graphic card like 2-3 years so thats why im buying 1060 nvidia serie..

the new motherboard for your current cpu is not gonna work and even its not avaliable in market you have to get the full new system because if you are gonna change the board you have to get the CPU to which works on new motherboard and then the new DDR 4 ram

np_n

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
.... what about buying good graphic card that can go with my current motherboard ?? i dont know what to do ... selling current system to buy new i think it will be complicated and too long to find perfect combination... my god.. btw thank you for helping me..

np_n

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I searched more on google and I find guy with these specifications :

-Motherboard: FUJITSU D2778-C1
-CPU: Quadcore Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.66Ghz
-GPU: MSI Camo Squad GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
-RAM: x6 SK Hynix HMT125U7TFR8C-H9 2GB DDR3 (12 GB)

He has same motherboard as me and similar processor and he has gpu similar to that i want to buy .. are u sure that 1060 gtx cant go on fujitsu d2778-c1 motherboard? i dont know if this means anything but i have 12 gb ddr2 ..