[SOLVED] Will Series X be able to achieve the "1440p, 120hz, VRR, HDR" combination through a monitor's HDMI 2.0 port?

Oct 19, 2020
As title, i need to change my monitor. I've found the Dell S2721DGF with 1440p, 165hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium Pro and HDMI 2.0 and i'd like to know if this will be able to keep the combination "1440p, 120hz, VRR, HDR" active at the same time. Hope someone can help me, i've found a lot of confusion through forums, especially on the One X comparison that i've read wasn't able to activate that combination

Solution
Reading people talking about One X they say that through HDMI 2.0 it was/it is possible to set 3 out of 4 setting of those. For example, 1440p, 120hz and VRR, but no HDR. There are also some videos on YouTube. Is this possible? Can i, for example, disable VRR to enable HDR? And it is possible to set manually the 4:2:2 mode?
Xbox Series X needs HDMI 2.1 for Variable Refresh Rate as it looks like it doesn't support FreeSync. The monitor supporting FreeSync does not imply HDMI based VRR support.

As for using 4:2:2 mode, considering the One X allows switching to that mode, you can probably do it on the Series X.
Oct 19, 2020
Don't get this monitor for the Series X. HDMI 2.0 won't allow for variable refresh rate and HDR, 1440p, and 120Hz at the same time is only possible under 4:2:2 mode.

You need to find something with HDMI 2.1
Reading people talking about One X they say that through HDMI 2.0 it was/it is possible to set 3 out of 4 setting of those. For example, 1440p, 120hz and VRR, but no HDR. There are also some videos on YouTube. Is this possible? Can i, for example, disable VRR to enable HDR? And it is possible to set manually the 4:2:2 mode?

Xbox Series X needs HDMI 2.1 for Variable Refresh Rate as it looks like it doesn't support FreeSync. The monitor supporting FreeSync does not imply HDMI based VRR support.

As for using 4:2:2 mode, considering the One X allows switching to that mode, you can probably do it on the Series X.

Solution