Will the PSU handle my build.

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello, I was wondering and searching on the internet if the PSU im buying will be able to handle my hardware, but couldnt find a direct answer so I decided to ask myself.
My build:
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Dual Fans OC HDMI DP 6GB
Intel Core i7 6700K 4,0GHz Socket 1151 Box without Cooler
Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 PC17000/2133MHz CL14 2x8GB
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB 1TB
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout
Microsoft Windows 10 Home Eng (64-bit OEM)

And I was wondering if my EVGA White Power 500 v2, 500 watt, 120 mm, 80+ white will be enough to power and run it.
Thanks in advance

Solution
750W? are you crazy? 750-800W is enough for a 1070 SLI setup!

without an OC this build will run easily on a 450W PSU (using apprx. 350W)

I'd go with a 550W unit or a 650W if you think you'll need it.
but get a quality unit like Corsair RMx/RMi or EVGA Supernova G2/P2
I'd be careful overclocking with your current unit as it'#s not top quality.

You are very much borderline on Wattage Erothes and especially if you wish to OC or expand your system in the future.
Possibly not the answer you wan't to hear, however some will come on and tell you its OK to appease you.
I would recommend a unit of 750-800W gold certified to be safe.
EVGA, Seasonic, Antec, Corsair are all good quality units.

750W? are you crazy? 750-800W is enough for a 1070 SLI setup!

without an OC this build will run easily on a 450W PSU (using apprx. 350W)

I'd go with a 550W unit or a 650W if you think you'll need it.
but get a quality unit like Corsair RMx/RMi or EVGA Supernova G2/P2
I'd be careful overclocking with your current unit as it'#s not top quality.

Solution

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

I am not planning on OC'ing at all, if that helps
Yes, I will be expanding.
I am asking if it will work, as long as it works, its okay. I will eventually get a better one like you said because I know its very limited the one I am getting.

Personal attacks are not usually tolerated on this Forum. Are you simply trying to appease.
If you bothered to read my post properly, I stated IF the OP intended to OC or expand his system then that is what I would recommend. I have answered too many PSU queries where a PSU has been under-spec only to see a comeback within twelve months with a failing unit and damage as a result.
No damage what so ever will result using a PSU of Wattage that is slightly higher than what is required.
Better safe than sorry IMO.
@ Erothes, read my PSU fact link in my signature.

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

I see, but would it be fine if I were to use the PSU I currently have for a bit and then change to a better one as you suggested? And by bit I mean max 1 month.

Well you can do a few stress tests to see if its doing its job and holding rail voltages under load. If the PSU starts to get hot then you will know.
Download AIDA64 a free trial program that will stress test your CPU, FPU, and other sub systems. It will give you a good indication if the PSU is up to par.
You will probably be OK with what you have however, sooner or later you will want to try an OC. After all you have an i7 6700K which is very OCable but would the PSU handle it.?
The PSU is the life blood of your system and not to be underestimated.

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016

Thanks, as soon as I build my pc and install the OS, also would need to establish wifi which might be a bit harder but will see, then I will download the program you speak of and test it.

It wasn't intended as a personal attack, sorry if it came across like one. It was more a WTF-moment

Of course it doesn't hurt to have more wattage but seeing as 800W units cost usually a whole lot more than 550W units with no benefit to the user whatsoever, it's kinda burning money that could easily be saved.
And again, at stock speeds this build will barely reach 320W so you'd have to double the power draw by over-clocking to justify a unit around 800W
Better save than sorry but sorry this is overkill