Question Will the RAM I've just bought work on my motherboard ?

naguib nader

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Motherboard: Asus Z790-E

I just got a new kit of RAM, it's Team Group T-Force 2 x 32GB 6000 Mhz.
But after checking the Asus website for supported devices couldn't find the new kit of ram listed.
Does this mean the new kit of ram will not work at all ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you check on here?

they might have tested it. If its there, it should work... if its not, its unknown.

Always helps to check motherboard listing before buying ram.

naguib nader

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
Did you check on here?

they might have tested it. If its there, it should work... if its not, its unknown.

Always helps to check motherboard listing before buying ram.
unfortunately its not listed
so its unknown whether is gonna work or not

What is your reason for not just trying it? If you are consider returning it then look for memory on the tested lists.

The motherboard even if you would set xmp if it has issue will eventually try to run the memory at the default ddr5 speeds. That almost has to work.

After that you see what you can get it to do. If you get lucky the xmp profile in the memory will work with your cpu/motherboard.

Memory is almost impossible to predict even when it is on the officially supported lists. There are difference between the memory units, the cpu chip you happen to own the the chips on the motherboard. You never know maybe you hit the jackpot and can overclock the memory even more than the xmp profiles say.

It is best to ask questions BEFORE you buy.
That said, you will probably be fine.
So long as that is a KIT of two sticks, and not just two sticks with the same part number.
Ram must be matched tp perform to spec.
Intel is not sensitive to ram and the motherboard bios has the capability, if necessary to make setting adjustments.
The motherboard ram Qvl list is just a sampling of kits that were tested.
Similarly, ram makers can not test with every motherboard.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

naguib nader

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
What is your reason for not just trying it? If you are consider returning it then look for memory on the tested lists.

The motherboard even if you would set xmp if it has issue will eventually try to run the memory at the default ddr5 speeds. That almost has to work.

After that you see what you can get it to do. If you get lucky the xmp profile in the memory will work with your cpu/motherboard.

Memory is almost impossible to predict even when it is on the officially supported lists. There are difference between the memory units, the cpu chip you happen to own the the chips on the motherboard. You never know maybe you hit the jackpot and can overclock the memory even more than the xmp profiles say.
the reason not trying it ? is to resell it if there is a risk that is not compatible with MB as it still sealed so rather sold as a new than take the the risk and trying it

naguib nader

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
It is best to ask questions BEFORE you buy.
That said, you will probably be fine.
So long as that is a KIT of two sticks, and not just two sticks with the same part number.
Ram must be matched tp perform to spec.
Intel is not sensitive to ram and the motherboard bios has the capability, if necessary to make setting adjustments.
The motherboard ram Qvl list is just a sampling of kits that were tested.
Similarly, ram makers can not test with every motherboard.
u don't know the circumstances around it i was only had a few options as i bought another compatible kits during black Friday but unfortunately it is damaged during shipping so not to lose the discount i have to buy another kit

Last edited: