[SOLVED] Will the temps be okay if I have only one case fan?

GamegangsterBG

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
So this is my first pc build I bought the parts and everything but I have only one fan from my case. Here is the system will it have high temps? I am going to buy more fans but not now in something like a month or two?

Solution
Obviously it's not an OPTIMAL situation, having only one fan, just make sure that the one fan is installed in the rear fan location as an exhaust fan and keep an eye on temps until you can at LEAST add a second fan in one of the front intake locations.

In a perfect world you'd probably want to end up with two front 120mm fans as intake, bringing in cool ambient air, and a rear 120mm fan as exhaust, taking out hot air, AND a top rear 120mm fan, also as exhaust, since the stack effect dictates that that is where most of the heat is going to accumulate at.

Even some cheap fans would be better than none, but you should be ok temporarily.

Might not be the worst idea to add a cheap intake fan temporarily if you plan to get better fans...
Obviously it's not an OPTIMAL situation, having only one fan, just make sure that the one fan is installed in the rear fan location as an exhaust fan and keep an eye on temps until you can at LEAST add a second fan in one of the front intake locations.

In a perfect world you'd probably want to end up with two front 120mm fans as intake, bringing in cool ambient air, and a rear 120mm fan as exhaust, taking out hot air, AND a top rear 120mm fan, also as exhaust, since the stack effect dictates that that is where most of the heat is going to accumulate at.

Even some cheap fans would be better than none, but you should be ok temporarily.

Might not be the worst idea to add a cheap intake fan temporarily if you plan to get better fans later though.

Solution

Notrix

Honorable
Apr 14, 2014
It all comes down to proper Ventilation, which I guess this cabinet is capable enough for. As for the temprature, I wouldn't worry that much. Your build doesn't seen to me as a power hungry rig so I don't think so that you need anymore fans than their already are.