[SOLVED] Will there be any negative effects to my CPU and its lifespan if I disable global C-States in my bios?

Unpolarize

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
NZXT's CAM software is freezing my Ryzen PC (3700X). NZXT is aware of the issue but still has yet to come out with a fix for over a year. People have said that disabling global C-States has fixed the issue for them, and I need CAM in order to use my AIO and fan controller properly. Will disabling global C-states have any negative effects on my CPU and its lifespan?

Solution
C-States are just a power saving feature and can be disabled in Bios.
No negative effects (apart from a slight increase in power usage) and will not effect the lifespan of your CPU.
NZXT's CAM software is freezing my Ryzen PC (3700X). NZXT is aware of the issue but still has yet to come out with a fix for over a year. People have said that disabling global C-States has fixed the issue for them, and I need CAM in order to use my AIO and fan controller properly. Will disabling global C-states have any negative effects on my CPU and its lifespan?
Advanced C-states is a major factor in the power savings and efficiency of Ryzen processors. It's horrible that accessory and peripheral mfr's continue to provide such poorly coded utilities for their hardware that forces users to disable such features. But luckily there is a way to control fans on modern motherboards with controls in BIOS that's much less intrusive on system operation. I'd rethink the fan control scheme by attaching them to the motherboard headers to control fan curves and ditch the CAM software altogether.

Unpolarize

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2015
Advanced C-states is a major factor in the power savings and efficiency of Ryzen processors. It's horrible that accessory and peripheral mfr's continue to provide such poorly coded utilities for their hardware that forces users to disable such features. But luckily there is a way to control fans on modern motherboards with controls in BIOS that's much less intrusive on system operation. I'd rethink the fan control scheme by attaching them to the motherboard headers to control fan curves and ditch the CAM software altogether.

My fans are the standard RGB ones from NZXT that came with my case. The fans are designed to plug into their own fan controller. They won't plug into my motherboard directly without some cable modification or a special cable that I have yet to find. My AIO is also HID so it won't work without their software. The hardware I have currently is great so it seems like such a waste. Not only is NZXT aware of the issue, they've been saying it's their priority since MARCH of this year and it's now August. I personally think it's an issue with CPUID since CAM uses their SDK for system monitoring and the exact same behavior occurs while HWMonitor runs in the background. This amount of incompetency from a major hardware manufacturer currently propped up by numerous online content creators is ridiculous.

My fans are the standard RGB ones from NZXT that came with my case. The fans are designed to plug into their own fan controller. They won't plug into my motherboard directly without some cable modification or a special cable that I have yet to find. My AIO is also HID so it won't work without their software. The hardware I have currently is great so it seems like such a waste. Not only is NZXT aware of the issue, they've been saying it's their priority since MARCH of this year and it's now August. I personally think it's an issue with CPUID since CAM uses their SDK for system monitoring and the exact same behavior occurs while HWMonitor runs in the background. This amount of incompetency from a major hardware manufacturer currently propped up by numerous online content creators is ridiculous.
Thanks...this sounds like just one other reason to stay away from NZXT. Overpriced along with a poor customer focus is the wrong way to go. I seem to recall Gamer's Nexus has really picked on several of their case designs for very poor ventilation and air flow. Very clever designs from an aesthetic perspective though.

It actually sounds a little like Apple. I avoid them too.