will these go together???

cardinhand

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hi guys ive managed to buy some various bits and bobs and I'm not sure what would be the best setup so far i have 2x gtx560ti pny oc1, tx850m 700w psu, two different ddr3 4gb ram, i5 3340 lga1155, msi h61m-p31, b85-hd3 and a 280gb hdd i paid about £170 for the lot and am hoping to build a computer that will play fairly recent releases im feeling like I've probably wasted time and money on this one and know that if i use the b85 mobo ill need a different processor bit perhaps i could sell the i5 and use the money to acquire what i need any help would be EPIC!! THANK YOU!!!

Solution
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard may require a BIOS update before the processor may work.
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard only has one PCI-Ex16 slot so the second GTX 560Ti is going to be a spare.
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard only has two DIMM slots so if the RAM modules are totally different, only one may work. If they don't work together, it'd probably be better to just get a new 2x4GB memory kit.
The Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard (socklet 1150) will not accept the Intel Core I5-3340 (socket 1155).
The Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard has two PCI-Ex16 slots but does not support SLI (x16/x4).

If that's a Corsair TX850m Power Supply, it's a good one worth keeping and using.

What I'd probably do with these "bits and bobs" would be to pick up a...
Actually, if everything works, that's a pretty damn good price. The processor alone probably cost that. What are the model numbers of the memory modules. They may be able to be used with the board depending on the specs but they probably won't run in dual channel if they are not close or identical in specification.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard may require a BIOS update before the processor may work.
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard only has one PCI-Ex16 slot so the second GTX 560Ti is going to be a spare.
The MSI h61m-p31 motherboard only has two DIMM slots so if the RAM modules are totally different, only one may work. If they don't work together, it'd probably be better to just get a new 2x4GB memory kit.
The Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard (socklet 1150) will not accept the Intel Core I5-3340 (socket 1155).
The Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard has two PCI-Ex16 slots but does not support SLI (x16/x4).

If that's a Corsair TX850m Power Supply, it's a good one worth keeping and using.

What I'd probably do with these "bits and bobs" would be to pick up a Socket 1150 processor, 2x4GB DDR3-1600 RAM kit and "Frankenstein" a system together with the remaining components.

-Wolf sends

Solution