Will this build run Skyrim on Ultra w/ HD mods?

meowmixparty

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Hi all
Soon I'm going to be building my own gaming computer for the first time ever and my budget is $800-1000

The #1 thing I want to get out of this build is being able to run Skyrim on Max/ Ultra settings running at 60fps

What I need from you guys is to tell me if the parts ive chosen are sufficient to run what i mentioned before

If not can you reccomend me some parts? Btw if i have chosen a part that surpasses the requirements can you reccomend a component that is a little cheaper because I have a strict budget and would like to spend as little as possible

Here they are:

CPU: i5-3570k
RAM: 8GB
GPU: totally undecided
Motherboard: totally undecided
PSU: 750W corsair

Obviously i need some help with graphics card and mobo. As for all the peripherals, I have those decided and don't need help

Anyways is there any parts I should go lower/higher?

Thank you so much in advance

Thabk

Solution
The parts you have chosen so far should work just fine. As for the GPU I would say for Nvidia GPU's go with a GTX 760 or GTX 770. As for AMD/ATI I would go with a HD 7950/7970 or R9 270x R9 280x. Any of those cards should be able to handle Skyrim with no problems.

As for a motherboard I have only used two LGA1155 motherboard the ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 and Asus Z77 Sabertooth both of them have been great so far but I sure some one else can offer more options on that.

The only other question I would have is what exact model Corsair PSU did you pick?

As for the memory make sure you get a 2x4gig kit for dual channel memory support.
The parts you have chosen so far should work just fine. As for the GPU I would say for Nvidia GPU's go with a GTX 760 or GTX 770. As for AMD/ATI I would go with a HD 7950/7970 or R9 270x R9 280x. Any of those cards should be able to handle Skyrim with no problems.

As for a motherboard I have only used two LGA1155 motherboard the ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 and Asus Z77 Sabertooth both of them have been great so far but I sure some one else can offer more options on that.

The only other question I would have is what exact model Corsair PSU did you pick?

As for the memory make sure you get a 2x4gig kit for dual channel memory support.

Solution