[SOLVED] Will this CPU and motherboard work without bios update?

Aug 9, 2020
Hi,

I am needing to get a new motherboard for the first time and am looking at the "Gigabyte H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI Motherboard" with the "Intel i3-9100F , 3.60GHz CPU". PC Part picker says that the board may require a bios update to work with this CPU. So;

1. Will it work out the box (how can you tell)?
  2. If necessary can the bios be updated without a CPU?
  3. Alternatively is there another CPU which would work?

Thx for any help you can give.

p.s. I am planning to upgrade the CPU to a i5-9600K at some point.
P.C. Part Picker list - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/nowmeis/saved/vcBbK8.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yes it'll work. The board at this point of time should come shipped with the latest BIOS update. If not, you can take it to a nearby shop to have the BIOS updated, with an older gen processor for a small fee.

If you're going to plan on buying an i5-9600K in the future, stop thinking too much on the board and buy a Z series chipset right now and be done with it, since the Z390 will have the latest BIOS on it and you won't be needing to change the chipset to unlock the potential of the K suffix processor.

In your current state(off of PCPP) you won't be able to get the rams to DDR4-3200MHz unless you get the Z370/Z390 chipset board) + I also don't see a discrete GPU...the i3-9100F doesn't have an iGPU...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yes it'll work. The board at this point of time should come shipped with the latest BIOS update. If not, you can take it to a nearby shop to have the BIOS updated, with an older gen processor for a small fee.

If you're going to plan on buying an i5-9600K in the future, stop thinking too much on the board and buy a Z series chipset right now and be done with it, since the Z390 will have the latest BIOS on it and you won't be needing to change the chipset to unlock the potential of the K suffix processor.

In your current state(off of PCPP) you won't be able to get the rams to DDR4-3200MHz unless you get the Z370/Z390 chipset board) + I also don't see a discrete GPU...the i3-9100F doesn't have an iGPU, so your investments are moot in some arena's..

Solution