Will this cpu be good for a dedicated streaming pc

Sep 6, 2018
building a streaming pc here so that i can play games without them having issues and i was wondering if a i5 7400 with a gtx 1050 could be good as a dedicated streaming pc

Solution
That is more than powerful enough for a dedicated streaming PC. Some people get away with using Pentiums or an i3. Others will use an APU just to save on graphics card costs... all of those are far less capable than the i5 7400... and if you can use the 1050 somewhere else, you really don't need it in this machine. The CPU will take the brunt of the work and the integrated graphics will work just fine for it. So it doesn't need to be there unless you want it to be.
That is more than powerful enough for a dedicated streaming PC. Some people get away with using Pentiums or an i3. Others will use an APU just to save on graphics card costs... all of those are far less capable than the i5 7400... and if you can use the 1050 somewhere else, you really don't need it in this machine. The CPU will take the brunt of the work and the integrated graphics will work just fine for it. So it doesn't need to be there unless you want it to be.

Solution