[SOLVED] Will this itx motherboard work in my future dell dimension e521 sleeper gaming PC build?

Oct 12, 2019
I currently have a dell dimension e521 PC from 2007 that I have been thinking of using in my sleeper gaming PC build that I will work on this summer.

My goal here is to make it as powerful as possible which means it will be able to run the latest games in 4k resolution at 60 fps
but on the outside it looks like any other weaksauce old pc from 2007 .

My only problem is that it uses a btx case which prevents me from using regular atx motherboard but later on I found out you can simply use a smaller motherboard to bypass the problem.

I found this motherboard on the swedish online computer store inet
inet.se/produkt/1901296/asus-rog-strix-z390-i-gaming.

Is this a good pick for a sleeper build gaming pc but most importantly is it compatible with the dell dimension e521?

And if it's not compatible what other modern motherboards would you recommend using in a machine this old.

I am mostly doing this because I need something to do during the summer in these dark covid 19 times besides taking care of my beloved aquarium or uploading YouTube videos of said aquarium.

What experience do you have when it comes to using motherboards of this type in btx computer cases such as the dell dimension series?

Solution
What they're probably proposing is that you drill/install new standoffs for the mobo to mount to. Most BTX boards were mATX in size (roughly), so I bet you could use an mATX board. If you have Dell tower, you should be able to measure around inside to verify.
What they're probably proposing is that you drill/install new standoffs for the mobo to mount to. Most BTX boards were mATX in size (roughly), so I bet you could use an mATX board. If you have Dell tower, you should be able to measure around inside to verify.

Solution