[SOLVED] Will TUF GAMING X570-PLUS boot with 5900x?

Nov 5, 2020
I’m new to PC and I want to make a build with the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS and the new 5900x by amd (using 6800x GPU). I was wondering if I could post with the new CPU or use a someone’s old amd to run BIOs. I’ll also leave my parts list because I’m nervous about buying bad parts. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p3MdDc

Solution
I’m new to PC and I want to make a build with the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS and the new 5900x by amd (using 6800x GPU). I was wondering if I could post with the new CPU or use a someone’s old amd to run BIOs. I’ll also leave my parts list because I’m nervous about buying bad parts. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p3MdDc
You need bios rev 2607 or newer to post with the new 5000 series cpu. If you have an older bios then you'd need a 2000 or 3000 series cpu to update the bios as that board does not support usb bios flashback.

Also looking at that parts list, I doubt the 212 is going to be up to the task of cooling a 5900x

bignastyid

Titan
You need bios rev 2607 or newer to post with the new 5000 series cpu. If you have an older bios then you'd need a 2000 or 3000 series cpu to update the bios as that board does not support usb bios flashback.

Also looking at that parts list, I doubt the 212 is going to be up to the task of cooling a 5900x

Reactions: Noahkinsley
Solution
Nov 5, 2020

Any recommendations on a cooler?

Nov 5, 2020
It should boot with any 1st, 2nd gen Ryzen CPU and even 3rd gen if the BIOS is up to date for that CPU. Then update to a BIOS that's suitable for a 4th gen CPU. If buying a new board ask the seller if they'd do it for you.

EDIT: strike that 1st gen... I forgot x570 also left that behind.
Any née motherboards that would just post with the new CPUs because I don’t have any old boots or CPUs to run flashbacks or update BIOs

Any recommendations on a mobo that could post without flashbacks or updates?
Sorry, there are none that you can say with confidence will post a 5000 series CPU. B550 are the latest AM4 motherboard and they've been out for several months, before BIOS' were available. You'll have to make sure you get one that's recently manufactured with a supporting BIOS or has been updated after manufacture, that's something to ask the seller. Or check yourself if using a 'brick and mortar' store.