Question Will USB-C port on a PCI-E card work with video signal?

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
Looking at a graphics tablet right now, and one of the connection options is through a USB-C port. My question is whether a USB-C port added with an expansion card works for it(or whether a USB-C port inherent to the motherboard fits) or does it only work with USB-C ports that you have on high-end graphics cards for VR?

What is the model of the tablet in question? The type C connector encompasses a lot of different tech in reality, but if this isn't an application requiring the extra features of thunderbolt (in other words, it's just USB 3-point-whatever behind it) it shouldn't matter.

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
What is the model of the tablet in question? The type C connector encompasses a lot of different tech in reality, but if this isn't an application requiring the extra features of thunderbolt (in other words, it's just USB 3-point-whatever behind it) it shouldn't matter.
I was looking at XpPen Artist 22R Pro, which in the manual calls for either a USB-C connection for both the video signal and the data transfer, or HDMI/VGA for video and USB-C(using the type C to type A adapter) for data.

Obviously, other video options would probably work just fine, but I was still wondering whether a PCI-E expansion card with a USB-C slot can work.

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
OK, so some reviewers on Amazon note issues with pen input being recognized when using only type C to C. If you go with a card, make sure it supports display functions. I assume your PC has no onboard port?

If HDMI+type C isn't an issue, it may be more reliable

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B07ZJLXDZP?reviewerType=all_reviews
No onboard port, that's why I was looking at PCI-E cards. Having an extra cable isn't a dealbreaker for me, so I'll probably just go with a separate connection for video and data, especially if using type C for both may not even work.

Thanks a lot!