Question Will using a tv as a monitor degrade GPU/CPU?

bembridgescholars

Reputable
Jan 19, 2019
Hello, New to pc gaming here and I will be getting my pc in the future, but I won't have any monitors to go with it until some time later, so I wanted to know if it would be ok to use my 55-inch 4k tv as the monitor until I get the monitor?, and will it degrade the CPU or GPU of the computer in any way since it has to power the large display as the primary display?

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
Hello, New to pc gaming here and I will be getting my pc in the future, but I won't have any monitors to go with it until some time later, so I wanted to know if it would be ok to use my 55-inch 4k tv as the monitor until I get the monitor?, and will it degrade the CPU or GPU of the computer in any way since it has to power the large display as the primary display?
Is it 120Hz with VRR and HDMI2.1?
If so,you might wish to consider keeping it as a monitor.
What kind of hardware are we talking about?
Depending on the distance,1080p may or may not look amazing on such a relatively big screen.

bembridgescholars

Reputable
Jan 19, 2019
Is it 120Hz with VRR and HDMI2.1?
If so,you might wish to consider keeping it as a monitor.
What kind of hardware are we talking about?
Depending on the distance,1080p may or may not look amazing on such a relatively big screen.
i dont recall its kinda old but it ,its still a 4k tv 55 inches ,samsung

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
oh no its real old its a KS 8500 curved from like 2016 or 2017 or something
Well it is likely 60 herz then.
That means maximum 60fps shown.
You should just test it.
Regardless of if your PC shall be 4K capable or not , you might actually enjoy playing on such a relatively huge display.
And will have to decide eventually if you are fine with going to some likely much smaller display ,but with triple or more framerates support.

TRENDING THREADS