Will using motherboard meant for the US in Asia cause issues

Oct 28, 2018
I'm interested in the ROG STRIX B360-G GAMING motherboard (mATX) but I believe that's only available in the US, or perhaps in other regions as well but as far as I'm concerned not in my country, Malaysia.

What I've found is the equivalent here in Malaysia is the ROG STRIX B360-H GAMING motherboard, which I have compared on the ASUS official website and believe that both are mostly similar except the B360-G being the mATX form factor whereas B360-H being the bigger ATX.

I would like to ask whether it's perfectly fine for me to purchase and use the ROG STRIX B360-G GAMING motherboard, that is meant for the US market, here in Malaysia? Or will that possibly cause any problems or conflicts (network perhaps or whatever else I have no knowledge about) to my system?

I hope someone could help me out with this as I have asked ASUS about this and got no answer from them. Thanks!

Solution
While some regions may only get certain models. As far as compatibility goes. The interfaces are standardized. As long as a component meets requirements. It doesn't matter where it is purchased.

The issues are warranties and returns. For any part you buy out of country. You need to make sure the manufacturer offers global warranties and has local repair facilities. If they don't have a global warranty. They'll see a US part and won't touch it. If they don't have local repair facilities. Turn around times can be long.

Even with parts sold locally. Warranties can be an issue. You need to make sure you are dealing with a Factory Authorized Reseller. If the company is simply importing and reselling parts meant for other markets. There may...
While some regions may only get certain models. As far as compatibility goes. The interfaces are standardized. As long as a component meets requirements. It doesn't matter where it is purchased.

The issues are warranties and returns. For any part you buy out of country. You need to make sure the manufacturer offers global warranties and has local repair facilities. If they don't have a global warranty. They'll see a US part and won't touch it. If they don't have local repair facilities. Turn around times can be long.

Even with parts sold locally. Warranties can be an issue. You need to make sure you are dealing with a Factory Authorized Reseller. If the company is simply importing and reselling parts meant for other markets. There may be no warranty from the manufacturer.

As for returns. If a part arrives defective. You may not be able to return it. Because either they won't accept a foreign return or the lengthy import/export shipping process may cause the return window to elapse.

Solution
Oct 28, 2018

ASUS have too responded to me that I could indeed purchase and use this motherboard with no problem and have also briefed me regarding the warranty. I'm planning to buy it on Amazon (from ASUS https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BP9QG2N/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?tag=joeydel2525-20&ie=UTF8&psc=1) and if I'm not mistaken if there is any problem within 30 days I could claim through Amazon for a full refund - though I'm not sure about the manufacturer's warranty and how that would work, if it is even applicable.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help!