Will Windows 10 upgrade on two devices if upgrading on one only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanics55

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
My desktop PC and laptop share the same Windows account (or whatever it's called - same PC name/email). I haven't yet been able to download Windows 10 on my laptop, but I guess that's because Microsoft is apparently releasing it wave by wave. Once I am finally able to download Windows 10 on my laptop, will it upgrade my PC too? My PC doesn't have that "Get Windows 10" icon. It was there about a month ago and for some odd reason it disappeared. I'm 100% sure it's compatible for Windows 10 as well.

Solution
It should get it's own icon. You can already download it from here though (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Remember to run the installer from withing Windows.

Mechanics55

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014

Didn't even know the site had that, thanks! Is it possible to create installation media for another PC (which is one of the options) as well as upgrade the PC to Windows 10, or is it one or the other only? I could use the OS files for another build at some point.

Samat

Distinguished
You can create a ISO/usb media with it, and then you can use that to upgrade you current computer and any other computer you need/want (you need to select the correct version when downloading 32/64 bit and home or pro).

Mechanics55

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014

Alright, thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.