Will Windows 8 drivers work fine on Windows 10?

G

I'm just curious because my PCI-E wireless card doesn't have any windows 10 drivers (apparently). Would this effect my card's ability to stay connected to the internet, or not?

My card is a Dell Wireless 1703 Network Card.

Solution
Good chance it will work. It give it upwards of %85 chance.

There is of course a possibility it won't (as it isn't officially supported), but Windows 8 was the backbone for 10 so there's a fair chance of it working. Honestly the only way to know for sure is to test it out.

Luminary

Admirable
Good chance it will work. It give it upwards of %85 chance.

There is of course a possibility it won't (as it isn't officially supported), but Windows 8 was the backbone for 10 so there's a fair chance of it working. Honestly the only way to know for sure is to test it out.

Solution

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
I've had some luck running even Windows 7 drivers under windows 10. if you cannot find Win10 specific drivers, i don't see the harm in trying older OS versions. just be sure to have a system restore ready in case it hoses something.

note: some functionality of older drivers may not work under the new OS. Case in point, the touch pad drivers on a old laptop of mine do not save settings changes under windows 10. (newest drivers for it are Win7 SP1)