[SOLVED] will windows prioritize stuff if im running with 3 memory sticks?

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I am wondering a few things. i have a b365m plus asus MB and a 8700k cpu on a budget and i have 2 sticks of T-group 3200cl14 now my board wont let me run at rated specs no ideaa why but anyways

my question is if i add a tthird stick of ram will all threee run in dual channle or just the two that are paired?

also if they wont all run in dual channle mode then will windows prioritize stuff to put high use apps in the dual channle and other stuff in the single channle?

reason i ask is i dont want to spent much on a budget and since i cant run my board past 2400-2666 figured id maybe get and extra stick cause im using 98percent memory when gaming?

Solution
i have a b365m plus asus MB and a 8700k cpu on a budget and i have 2 sticks of T-group 3200cl14 now my board wont let me run at rated specs no ideaa why but anyways
B365 chipset boards do not allow memory overclocking.
On this board/i7-8700k ram will run at max 2666mhz
my question is if i add a tthird stick of ram will all threee run in dual channle or just the two that are paired?
Will run either in single channel mode or flex mode (part in single, part in dual channel mode).
also if they wont all run in dual channle mode then will windows prioritize stuff to put high use apps in the dual channle and other stuff in the single channle?
That can not be controlled.
i have a b365m plus asus MB and a 8700k cpu on a budget and i have 2 sticks of T-group 3200cl14 now my board wont let me run at rated specs no ideaa why but anyways
B365 chipset boards do not allow memory overclocking.
On this board/i7-8700k ram will run at max 2666mhz
Will run either in single channel mode or flex mode (part in single, part in dual channel mode).
That can not be controlled.

Solution