Willits: ZeniMax Purchase Was Good for RAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
How many companies are there that even make games anymore? It seems like they're all being bought up by these mega-gaming corporations that lose money like crazy (EA,BLIZ/ACT). I'm amazed that WOW makes $150,000,000 a month and they're still losing money. The mega-size corporate game developer is a failing idea, fleecing consumers of money on every front possible and still managing to lose money.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
The only thing I want Bethesda doing is pumping out Elder Scrolls and Fallouts every year like Activision does with Call of Duty!

Ok, no... that would be horrible, but I don't want them working on games that are not Fallout or Elder Scrolls. They have two amazing franchises and here they're just letting them sit there.

wcooper007

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Dude really thats like 10 mill subscribers and i have to say i doubt that seriously i think they have 1.5 mill total players including people that dont play anymore so uhh i think you added a couple of zeros there but i get what your saying

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I doubt hw tesselation will be of importance by the time rage or doom 4 get out. id tends to be a technological trend setter when it comes to games, even though young gamers don't know that. I'm actually interested to see megatextures at work.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]wcooper007[/nom]Dude really thats like 10 mill subscribers and i have to say i doubt that seriously i think they have 1.5 mill total players including people that dont play anymore so uhh i think you added a couple of zeros there but i get what your saying[/citation]

11.5 million active accounts as of a few months ago. It was pretty highly publicized.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Why would anyone have fears with the purchase? Zenimax/Bethesda is one of the few great companies out there. Their DRM is nearly non-existent and as a result they have great sales. To me it honestly seemed like a perfect fit, both are creative and focus on the game rather than DRM. It's just a win/win/win all around. id gets financial backing, Zenimax gets id's technology and gamers benefit from stellar games.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Right now ZeniMax has the 3 greatest games in production which is kind of sad that other companies can't step up their game.

I am talking about RAGE, Fallout: Las Vegas, and Brink.

andyman30

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]The only thing I want Bethesda doing is pumping out Elder Scrolls and Fallouts every year like Activision does with Call of Duty!Ok, no... that would be horrible, but I don't want them working on games that are not Fallout or Elder Scrolls. They have two amazing franchises and here they're just letting them sit there.[/citation]

Not exactly..... http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Fallout-Vegas-RPG-RTS,10347.html

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]SpadeM[/nom]I doubt hw tesselation will be of importance by the time rage or doom 4 get out. id tends to be a technological trend setter when it comes to games, even though young gamers don't know that. I'm actually interested to see megatextures at work.[/citation]

I'm 18, so not sure if you can't that as young, but id has been using Megatextures since Quake 4, I believe. Definitely in id Tech 4 at the very least.

Soo...

Status
Not open for further replies.