Question Win 10 - Powerbeats Pro cannot stay connected.

Androshi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys,

I am struggling to get my Powerbeats Pro to stay connected with win 10 bluetooth system. I have tried updating drivers, re-syncing the powerbeats pro, changed the services for bluetooth to automatic, and even when it says they're paired and connected it doesn't show in the playback devices as "enabled" but in the disabled section. I have tried enabling it from playback devices and it does nothing. I have tried to connect my Bose QC 35 II also and it can't even find my headphones. I really have no idea what else to try. If anyone has any other ideas that would be much appreciated. thanks.

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
I'll start by saying, I'm no expert in Windows 10

BUT:

It sounds like a software conflict issue; as in something is preventing Windows from identifying that Bluetooth connection as audio playback; here's a clue:

"..even when it says they're paired and connected it doesn't show in the playback devices as "enabled" but in the disabled section. I have tried enabling it from playback devices and it does nothing.."

I apologize for not having a clear answer. But something is preventing Windows from identifying your Bluetooth device as a playback device. That's a place to start. You'll have to research causes and solutions to this. If it's ONLY showing your devices within the 'disabled' section.. something is preventing it from being 'enabled'

This could be software related. Try running the built-in Windows diagnostic programs or I suppose wait for a better answer. Those are my two cents. Best of luck friend.

Androshi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
I'll start by saying, I'm no expert in Windows 10

BUT:

It sounds like a software conflict issue; as in something is preventing Windows from identifying that Bluetooth connection as audio playback; here's a clue:

"..even when it says they're paired and connected it doesn't show in the playback devices as "enabled" but in the disabled section. I have tried enabling it from playback devices and it does nothing.."

I apologize for not having a clear answer. But something is preventing Windows from identifying your Bluetooth device as a playback device. That's a place to start. You'll have to research causes and solutions to this. If it's ONLY showing your devices within the 'disabled' section.. something is preventing it from being 'enabled'

This could be software related. Try running the built-in Windows diagnostic programs or I suppose wait for a better answer. Those are my two cents. Best of luck friend.

Thanks for responding nonetheless, and I suppose I should clarify a bit more - it does show my powerbeats in the playback devices but only as "disabled" even though in the bluetooth settings says they are "connected" and even though I have the option to "enable" them in the disabled section it does absolutely nothing. But anyway, thanks for giving your two cents either way.

Phillipson

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
No worries, friend

Sounds like Windows recognizes the Bluetooth connection, able to connect to them. It sounds like Windows is having trouble communicating audio to the device. I wish I had better answers for you. But I feel as if the solution is in plain sight. I would recommend Googling this best you can. Run Windows diagnostics tools, verify that you don't need a driver for this.

I'd begin troubleshooting the basics. Windows > Sound Drivers > Bluetooth > Actual Device. I wish you the best of luck, apologies I'm not versed enough in Win10 to assist