Win 10 won't boot after repair process

vbliss

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
My laptop displayed a kernel error two days ago. I restarted the system successfully but later when i tried to shut it down it froze and i had to hold the power button down to shut down the system. I attempted a restart and it hung up half way thru the boot process. I went into auto repair process and it ran a disk error check. It then said it was attempting to repair disk errors. The system then shut down and now it behaves as if it has no power at all. When I press the power button I get nothing - no keyboard lights no power light - nada. It's like I now have a doorstop for a laptop. Does anyone have suggestions for repair tips.? I'm not afraid to open the laptop and check for hardware issues if that could be a possible solution. Any help or suggestions for solution is very much appreciated.

Solution
I removed battery and AC power supply. I let the system sit for about a minute. Then I reconnected just the AC power and was able to boot up the laptop. I then shut down the system and put the battery back in. The system still restarted normally. The system now appears to work properly (fingers crossed). No idea what happened during the check disk for errors process but the above process appears to have solved the problem.

vbliss

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
I removed battery and AC power supply. I let the system sit for about a minute. Then I reconnected just the AC power and was able to boot up the laptop. I then shut down the system and put the battery back in. The system still restarted normally. The system now appears to work properly (fingers crossed). No idea what happened during the check disk for errors process but the above process appears to have solved the problem.

Solution