Win 2000 server

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi,

I have Win 2000 Server installed on a machine (Master
computer PDC) and I want to add a new computer as a BDC
how can I do it

And how can I change the PDC name?

Thanks

In Windows 2000 you have DC's (domain controllers) all DC's can replicate
and receive updates to the active directory. This replaces the NT 4 model
that included PDC's and BDC's. Unless your question is referring to
mixed-mode meaning 2000 and NT4 workstaions), in that scenario you would
have a DC with the additional responsibility of being a PDC Emulator, which
answers NT4 Workstation autentication requests. There is no such thing as a
BDC Emulator.

Name change on a DC in Windows 2000 would require that you run DCPROMO.EXE
on your DC and demote the server to a member, change your name, and then
promote it back. Referrenced in KB article number 296592.

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Win 2000 Server installed on a machine (Master
> computer PDC) and I want to add a new computer as a BDC
> how can I do it
>
> And how can I change the PDC name?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS