Win 7 64-bit build 7000 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomizer

Champion
I would link it, but my guess is that it's against ToS to do so. So for those that don't know where to look, use google. I'm getting a good 200kB/s download speed, which for me and this particular protocol, is very good.

randomizer

Champion
I was not overly impressed by build 6801. It wasn't any more responsive than Vista, and it had a couple of bugs that were quite noticeable. It didn't like me changing network settings, because when I clicked "OK" it would lock up until I ended the process. Fortunately the changes still stuck. Also, the "close" button in device manager properties for any device would flash like crazy when you moved the cursor over it :lol:

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
There aren't many bugs in the beta, performance beats xp in every area but two, graphics and hdd performance. I expect before launch it'll be beating xp in hdd perf. but graphics may be the lone lagger still, will have to wait and see. Personally if I have to give up 2-4 FPS for all the other speed boosts and features I'll just buy a better graphics card, big whoop.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007

i did too. i noticed my games in vista respond better. overall the responsiveness, in my experience, vista is so much quicker than xp. i have the same hardware configuration when i was using xp sp3, and vista sp1 blows it away. guess it depends person to person eh.

randomizer

Champion
Vista needs alot of services to be disabled before it boots close to XP SP3 times, but then it's not alot different. I still find XP is fully responsive after boot much quicker than Vista. Minutes quicker before services are disabled.

darren_garrison

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Downloaded and attempted to install 64-bit Beta 1 today-- got 3/4 of the way through setup, it told me that Windows could not be installed on this hardware, exited. No details given on what was incompatible. Had to restore XP from a Ghost backup. CPU is Athlon X2 5050e, motherboard is Biostar MCP6P M2+, video card is Galaxy KFA2 Geforce Nvida 7300LE 256MB.

Edited to add:

By 3/4 through setup, I mean that the installation started, it worked through to the bottom item on the list of installation tasks, and the installation progress bar on the bottom of the screen had reached around 3/4 of the way across the bottom of the screen-- maybe half an hour into the installation. After that point was where it said that it could not be set up on that hardware. Reboot, it shows a screen that "Windows is starting services" or something like that (may be a standard Vista message, I've never touched Vista before) and then gave a message that setup wasn't complete, and I needed to re-run setup. Rather than attempt the install again (and surely see the same error message) I Ghosted XP back on.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I have the Windows 7 ISO but can't get the Key. Keep getting an error when I try to download the key telling me to try back tomorrow, so I don't know if I should go ahead and instal now and try to get the key later or wait for the key. I have a ghost image of my vista from yesterday. any suggestions?

randomizer

Champion

I read that they now delayed the official release to Monday. :heink: In any case, the keys aren't available yet.

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I read on a windows 7 tech blog (sorry forgot which one). They said Keys arent needed for a while. It installed fine for me. I hope it runs until the keys come out.

i installed 64bit, my first 64 bit, and i like it so far. IT looks just like vista, but it doesnt seem bogged down. It seems very quick.

randomizer

Champion
It looks like Vista? Are you sure you have build 7000? It doesn't really look that much like Vista to me. Check out the new customisable system tray and the control panel (I couldn't find mouse properties in there even :p). It's similar but not that close.

You get 30 days with no key.

Status
Not open for further replies.