Win 7 install errors 0x80070241 and 0570

Status
Not open for further replies.

10DD

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Hey.. Trying to install beta 1 build 7000 by burning the .iso image to a disc and letting the disc boot after BIOS. Everything goes fine until the early stages of expanding files I get an error msg with code - 0x80070570 and it obviously stops installing. Tried repeating process 3-4 times. Same problem.

So tried mounting the .iso image with daemon tools, installing through Vista and now get the same error (but with 0x80070241 code) but this time it happens at the Copying files part. starts at 0%... and goes straight to 100% then error.

Has anyone else heard of issues like this?

Even tried the xp Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.0.1.1 way but still the same.
I'm using the repacked and reliable iso download.
My system specs are fine.

Starting to really bug me :(

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
well looking at google i can see a couple of entries which says its caused by corrupted folders, have you considered redownloading the iso?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Seems like a lot of variables there. If it were me, I'd wait for an official MS beta release (should be a few weeks max, download the iso and install from an optical drive (old school).

10DD

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Is it possible to get on the beta testing list?
If so, how do I go about doing so?

I had a look at MS Connect beta site but the Win 7 beta wasn't there. Unless I wasn't looking on the right pages. (shrugs)

Jake_Barnes

Splendid

It's rumored that MS will release a public beta at CES - there is a thread (by me) about it somewhere here.

10DD

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Well I went and got another iso from the above mentioned site.
burnt with ImgBurn at 2x on a TDK DVD-R
All appears fine. made it through copying files, and it even made 100% expanding files. and then.. ..installing applications part.
Error something about the source not being accessible error 0xC0000005

stumped once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.