Win 7 or Win 10

rghash

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
I currently have Win 10 which I installed just a few weeks ago. I'm debating about going back to Win7. Even with a few tweaks like disabling Edge and doing the other 15 to 20 tweaks that I got from a newsletter I subscribe to with a lot of How To I'm still not enchanted with Win10. Then I see the newest update coming out in March, the so called "Redstone" update. I'm thinking of going back & doing a clean install of Win7 then staying until I cant go no further like 2020 or whatever. What are the thoughts of anyone, see the folly of staying with Win 7 over staying with Win 10 for a few more years?. How long do we have to stay with Win 7, 2020? Can you stay with Win7 after the date of "no more updates" from MS or is that a dumb idea? Would a good antivirus program keep you safe?
In reference to staying longer that 2020 what is a "spy" going to get out of my PC if I use a good password program, So other than screw up my PC what could happen if I didn't get updates after MS support ends? I'm interested in your thoughts. I have always liked Win7 & there are some nice things about Win10 but there are many that are not,
Are the designers for MS the same 'Engineers that designed the newest TV remotes for both the satellite companies & did any of them ever hear of the term "user friendly" Now beside the start menu which to me really is a big deal. Yes there is sort of one in Win10 but it sure isn't as easy to use as Win7.
Maybe all this is because I'm getting old & don't like change or is it because I like things that are built that you can fix easily & in today's day & age that ain't much.

Than You for your input

rghash

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Getting to items in the start menu us a pain, not like 7. Power settings I cant seem to separate like I could with 7. I know there are many things I can change but it seems to me that MS made it difficult compared to Win7, very few changes need to be made. So where do I find the classic shell? Intell I have never used I always have installed AMD like this one has an ASUS MB with a AMD Athlon triple core CPU. How about AMD Drivers.