Win a Core i5-2500K, DZ68DB, and SSD 311

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]Here is a good explanation of this issue:http://www.howstuffworks.com/question541.htm[/citation]
Yes, this... Very informative :) (Tom's needs to write a small paragraph at the end of their contest posts with an explanation as to why contests are only run in the US, that way the comments won't be flooded with people complaining about this. So shut up people, it's not Tom's fault.)

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]WOW............LOL!!! Another one for US Residents only.........As always no FB is good, but only US ..... Sucks Big time Toms really ought to get onto the World Without Boundaries wagon.[/citation]
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]US only.. What kind of legal requirements are we talking about here?[/citation]
[citation][nom]loljohnny19[/nom]can we get some Australian contests man delivery these days is pretty cheap[/citation]
[citation][nom]Pilk[/nom]I hate toms competitions its always for US citizens =( cant they make some international ones so that all members can participate?[/citation]
[citation][nom]GeographyFail[/nom]Again, legal bs. Include the rest of us. Take some initiative and reward the rest of your loyal readers. America is NOT the world.[/citation]

I'm sure there are contests in your country that are not open to citizens of the United States. I bet the comments section on them are not full of "I hate xxxxsite.com because this contest isn't open to US citizens." There are rules behind every contest. Stop wasting your time bitching about the rules and find some contests that you can actually ENTER AND WIN. You'll greatly improve your chances by doing that.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
The contest entry page won't load for me using Firefox. I'm going to take a wild guess that it might have something to do with the Ad-Block Plus add-on for Firefox. Why? Because it loads in IE9 with no ad-blocking add-ons or subscriptions installed.

[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]The contest entry page won't load for me using Firefox. I'm going to take a wild guess that it might have something to do with the Ad-Block Plus add-on for Firefox. Why? Because it loads in IE9 with no ad-blocking add-ons or subscriptions installed.[/citation]

NP with firefox 6.0.2 and ad-block plus here. I have noticed though that firefox 6.0.2 only correctly renders 50% of the pages I load. Wasn't nearly as bad with previous versions. They're slipping.

richgoose

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
[citation][nom]absumo[/nom]Tried to enter, but I can't see the Captcha. Some of them don't seem to show up well for some unknown reason. Oh well.[/citation]

cause you need a new computer lol?

wish all the canadians would quit whining about not being able to enter

TechEnt

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
For those that said the pages doesn't load, it works with Internet Explorer. For some reason, it doesn't work with Firefox.

G

Not impressed with the CAPTCHA system you're using. I've tried typing the "x + y =" phrase with spaces and without (hard to say for sure which is right based on the display) but it always says that I got it wrong. Guess it was just a waste of time to try and enter.

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
It's too hard to do international as contest rules very by country ( and state, sorry RI ). If you want something outside of the US, go to a site hosted in a different country. That would be your best bet for contests. You can also search contests through google for your respective country.

wilbos

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
If you make a contest, and you put the rules, and people accept terms, there is no problem if you want to do outside US or not, or even RI! (can somebody explain me what happens at Rhode Island about US contests?)

Global site, global contest.

Your site´s publicity is for outside US people also, and there is no problem (even RI, lol).

DougE21st

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Maybe this is a Firefox problem, but I couldn't enter by typing the addition problem "...Exactly As Displayed." However, it took my entry if I entered the answer! If I try again, am I disqualified?

hmp_goose

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Something about "entering text just as it appears", when there's nether text nor filed to enter into. And Karma Blocker was turned off the whole time, so …

Status
Not open for further replies.