Win a free copy of GTA V!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nvrsummer2

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Oh how i've missed smacking around the hoes and being chased by the thugs. Can't wait to get back into the mean streets of "LA" and commence some general thuggery..... Oh, and playing GTA V as well!

TNT27

Distinguished
San Andreas, running no clothes, winning against massive gang fights, and cops getting involved. Use a ~ cheat to bring in a fighter jet or helicopter, and it lands on top of me, suffocating me. Bam first death ever on that game, I probably deserved it too haha.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I played GTA I and GTA II on the original Playstation. In GTA II, there was a glitch where you could jump off of a roof and continue moving in the air if you threw a Molotov cocktail. I decided to use a GameShark cheat to give me infinite Molotov cocktails and was able to fly all over the map wreaking havoc on all of the good people of "Anywhere, USA." As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. The end of this arrived when my vast array of flaming liquor summoned an army of police officers who worked in tandem to overload the Playstation's measly 2MB of RAM. In the end, the carnage I reaped on Anywhere, USA was also applied to my console.

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
I started in GTA SA and I had no clue what wanted levels were. I got killed by police ALL DAY and I had no clue why I was. I finally googled it and found out, making myself feel EXTREMELY stupid.

Microemission

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I loved racing with planes/cars, while hearing the radio..
Travelling around the map, exploring mountains and countryside... gosh those were the days!
I'd love to have that feeling again with the new GTA V.

NerdBBQ

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
EDIT: Didn't realize this would turn out to be so long, guess I just got caught rambling about nostalgia, ha. Read through it if you would like to!

Back when GTA IV first released, I remember being super hyped and playing with my closest friends for hours on end. Shortly after, I transferred schools and we started to grow distant. By the time summer rolled around, I remember we all decided to hop back onto GTA IV and just mess around for old times sake. The whole summer we spent fooling around in Liberty City with tons of crazy mods, and it was nice to get close to each other just like we were before. School started again in the fall, things changed, I didn't have time to play video games anymore, and we grew distant once again.

The same group of friends all bought GTA V and are already burning hours on it, like we had last year, except without me. It seems really trivial being sad about not being able to play video games with friends, but watching them have a great time while they constantly tell me to buy the game and join them sucks, seeing as I'm not able to at the moment. They're a great group of guys and buy me games without me asking so I can join in occasionally, but seeing as how GTA V is $50, I don't think anybody can afford buying two copies. Hopefully I'll be able to afford it by the time school's out, but with the craziness of school, getting ready for college, and my life in general, I seriously doubt I'll be able to.

I usually lurk on these forums, but I just wanted to share my own little snippet. So I guess this post isn't necessarily about the game itself, but rather the memories that came with it that I share between me and my old friends. I hope that I can eventually get around to purchasing the game myself, and share one last hurrah with my buddies before we move into the next chapter of our lives. And to whoever wins a free copy, I sincerely hope you enjoy it, and make fantastic memories from something as simple as a computer game like I have with my friends in the years gone by.

akao12

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I have never played GTA, so I dont have any story to share, but if I win your copy of GTA5, surely I will have a lot of gameplay story to tell....

sgtgooch

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
GTA:IV

Shot up the bowling alley. Roman just stood there sorrowfully saying "Nikooooooo", as if I just bad-mouthed his favorite restaurant or something

Elloniel

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I remember the good old times of Grand theft auto 2. I played it constantly in school, when we had some class with computers. Once the teacher stood behind my back and i didnt notice, i was racing around with police on my tail when he says: "go left, i saw a garage, you can paint the car there!!! My face: o.0
He didnt punish me, but i turned off the game out of respect!¨:)

shiva92

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
I haven't played GTA since 2009. Typing the cheat code "ASPIRINE" to heal yourself was my favourite moment :p ... If I win, I will let u know how GTA V is :)

lucifermn

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
My favorite GTA moment.... I remember playing GTA III with 3 of my friends on my PC in high school. It was a stay over at my place when my parents were out of town on a trip. The game kept crashing on cut-scenes so we could not advance the story to unlock most part of Liberty City. After a while we finished exploring starting area and kinda got bored and wanted to go explore the locked parts of the city. And one of us were chased by the cops with full stars and trying to loose them he accidentally jumped from the detached/blown in half bridge and made 50% of the halfway to the other side. Then one of us came up with the brilliant idea of using low gravity cheat /floaty cars or something like that/ to jump the bridge. We all took turns at "jumping the bridge". Eventually one of us made it to the other side, but since it's GTA not long after he managed to get himself killed and we would have to start over again. Man it was one of the most fun gaming moments of my life. Every time i play any GTA I remember it and makes me smile.

brianc015

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Ummm.... I've never played any of the GTA series but have always had an urge to steal a car and do crazy things. A copy of the game would help stop me from doing these things in real life, so please help my friends and neighbors by granting me this virtual alternative to a life of crime.

Saleh Adnan

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
The last gta game i played was san andreas. that was one good game. i could'nt play gta 4 at all beacause my pc was so stupid at that time. but now i have a good pc and wish i win this game so i could play it

Status
Not open for further replies.